website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It has to be said that referee Istvan Kovacs could be from Hungarian minority in Romania? His name sounds more Hungarian than Romanian :evil:

Yes, he's Hungarian born in Carei (Romania), very close to the Hungary-Romania border. We have a big Hungarian minority in all Transilvania, that's why many people in western Romania have Hungarian names.

Everyone and their mother were saying, that the "business" draw between Romania and Slovakia is certain. I myself gave the benefit of the doubt and predicted a 2:1 win for RO in the UEFA game. :lol: How gullible i know.

I don't know in the second half, if the teams were playing to win, or were tricking the public, that they are playing to win. :d There were some good shots and opportunities on both sides, but did they gave their all, probably not.

4 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yes, he's Hungarian born in Carei (Romania), very close to the Hungary-Romania border. We have a big Hungarian minority in all Transilvania, that's why many people in western Romania have Hungarian names.

Most Romanian hockey players have Hungarian surnames.

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Everyone and their mother were saying, that the "business" draw between Romania and Slovakia is certain. I myself gave the benefit of the doubt and predicted a 2:1 win for RO in the UEFA game. :lol: How gullible i know.

I don't know in the second half, if the teams were playing to win, or were tricking the public, that they are playing to win. :d There were some good shots and opportunities on both sides, but did they gave their all, probably not.

I remember match: Denmark- Sweden 2-2 on Euro 2004, who eliminated Italy.

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

I remember match: Denmark- Sweden 2-2 on Euro 2004, who eliminated Italy.

Me too. :p The pundits talked about it again in the TV studios here today. Along with the original Germany - Austria match from the 80s.