website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Roamingrover86 said:

First 0-0 of this tournament. That was a boring match , both teams played safe. Was it a fair call on the offside? 

The offside was clear but it was deemed impeding and the French GK wouldn't have saved it anyway IMO.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The offside was clear but it was deemed impeding and the French GK wouldn't have saved it anyway IMO.

I thought the goal should have stood. It was a poor decision. VAR got it wrong, the ball was past the GK wven before he could react. This result also means Polska are the first country eliminated from the tournament 

2 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

I thought the goal should have stood. It was a poor decision. VAR got it wrong, the ball was past the GK wven before he could react. This result also means Polska are the first country eliminated from the tournament 

That’s what I thought too :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Well, the AR flagged it offside to begin with so even without VAR the goal wouldn't have counted anyway. And yeah, this means :POL is the first team eliminated.

Edited by Monzanator

1 hour ago, Roamingrover86 said:

First 0-0 of this tournament. That was a boring match , both teams played safe. Was it a fair call on the offside? 

Clear offside , rules are rules if he is on the sight of GK and he's offside , it's an offside regardless the GK would have saved or not , Dumfries is the one to be blamed by Dutch team and Simon's who was robbed of a very special moment and 1st goal ever at the Euros 

7 hours ago, hckošice said:

Do you really believe it ? I mean, would you bet on that ? My long life experience with Slovak sport including Football has taught me that it is useless to believe, it always turns out badly for us.

Trust me, vainly waiting for something and hoping for miracles, literally in four out of five cases it will not work out. The pain of disappointment is then too much heavy and disappointments on daily basis can lead to dangerous health issues, so yeah, no, thanks. It´s better not to expect anything and then not be disappointed. and if one of the five cases by mracles really happens then just celebrate it properly.

the sorrowful life of a Slovak sports fan in nutshell :d

2010 and 2016. So, two it`s more than 1 :) Only in 2021r. Slovakia don`t advanced from group phase.

11 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

For being in the way of the goalkeeper? Kind of, considering Dumfries shouldn't have been there. Goalkeeper would never have gotten the ball anyway, because he had barely even gotten up, but oh well. Dumfries is enthousiastic and seems to be nice (despite his super angry look), but with these kind of things isn't always the brightest bulb in the house :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!