website statistics

CISM Military World Games 2019

Totallympics

Przed chwilą, bestmen napisał:

the most bizarre thing isthat Bahrein had naturalize runners in athletics
shouldn't the Militaries be native & 100% from the nation ??????

In my opinion, soldiers who have been naturalized should not participate. Either this is a show of your country's army or people accidentally drawn.

The US army generally offers a path to citizenship for naturalized service members, green cards for interpreters and other foreigners that help with logistics like that, allies sometimes will be given an offer to get a green card, and people from other NOCs such as :ISV obviously serve in the US military. I think these policies are great. It inspires people to work with the US military and rewards them for their work. So what if we happen to a have a few dozen naturalized Kenyans that run for the army, which gives them a path towards citizenship and the US Olympic Team :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:USA is sending a delegation of 174 athletes in 14 sports. I don’t believe I know of any athletes on the team.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In my opinion, you are from country X and represent your home country. The matter gets complicated when you are a stateless person (I immediately remembered the movie Terminal) or if you want to take a second citizenship.

:POL is sending 182 athletes in 17 sports. It will be 4 in archery, 34 in athletics, 5 in badminton, 12 in boxing, 10 in cycling, 12 in fencing, 17 in judo, 9 in lifesaving, 8 in modern pentathlon, 6 in naval pentathlon, 2 in open water swimming, 2 in sailing, 18 in shooting, 19 in swimming, 4 in tennis, 9 in triathlon and 11 in wrestling. There are many medalists of world championships and olympic games in this team. For example (I'm typing only about this year succeses if their are any):

- Justyna Swiety-Ersetic (WCh medalist in 4x400m and finalist in 400m and 4x400m mixed)

- Małgorzata Holub-Kowalik (WCh medalist in 4x400m)

- Anna Kielbasinska (WCh medalist in 4x400m - was running only in heats)

- Marcin Lewandowski (WCh medalist in 1500m)

- Wojciech Nowicki (WCh medalist in hammer throw)

- Malwina Kopron (hammer throw)

- Piotr Malachowski (discus throw)

- Pawel Wojciechowski (pole vault)

- Konrad Czerniak (swimming)

- Radoslaw Kawecki (swimming)

- Sandra Drabik (boxing)

- Iwona Matkowska (wrestling)

- Agnieszka Wieszczek-Korbus (wrestling)

- Oktawia Nowacka (modern pentathlon)

- Radoslaw Zawrotniak (fencing)

- Ewa Trzebinska (fencing)

- Magdalena Piekarska (fencing)

- Tomasz Bartnik (shooting)

- Adrian Teklinski (cycling)

- Agnieszka Skrzypulec (sailing)

- Jolanta Ogar (sailing)