website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

LOL, 13.733 for Italy on floor with a very simple routine with some major mistakes.

I swear I'm not picking on the Italians, but they are getting much bigger scores than their routines deserve.

Great Britain too, but the home court effect surely plays a part here. It's nearly impossible for them after the pommels rotation, but the judges are making sure that they overscore every single routine from the British guys all the same.

7 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

They need to train more :spank:

This is not their fault. Our focus has always been on specific events. So to say, we do not have a competitive men's team, and I don't really think this is our focus. The guys qualified for the event finals in the events they were "supposed" to qualify from the start: Caio on vault and Nory on the high bar. Our chances of a team medal have always been null, and to be honest I never thought they would break the top 16, let alone qualify in 7th here.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

This is not their fault. Our focus has always been on specific events. So to say, we do not have a competitive men's team, and I don't really think this is our focus. The guys qualified for the event finals the events they were "supposed" to qualify from the start: Caio on vault and Nory on the high bar. Our chances of a team medal have always been null, and to be honest I never thought they would break the top 16, let alone qualify in 7th here.

Agreed, but these results are embarrassing either way. Caio needs PH to have a chance to fight for a good result in AA and he couldn't score 12.000 today.

Italy lost in the end, and Great Britain made full use of the judges' gifts. A bronze medal with scores in the range of 10, 12 and 12 on the pommel horse. 

Japan also had a really bad day. I cannot even say I'm excited after watching this. I feel sad, really. 

Another disappointing team final.