website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

Just now, heywoodu said:

Hassan reacted by saying she is 'very shocked' :rofl: 

"I'm clean because I'm often tested" etc etc, Kloserhalfen (who's management answered instead of herself) seems to have the same cliche reaction.

To be fair, she has one day left to her only race and for that situations you have a management. What should Klosterhalfen say about Salazar who is not even her coach and not even the media know every detail about the decision? For the record, it is absolutely right that Salazar was finally pulled out the game if the accusations are true.

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

To be fair, she has one day left to her only race and for that situations you have a management. What should Klosterhalfen say about Salazar who is not even her coach and not even the media know every detail about the decision? For the record, it is absolutely right that Salazar was finally pulled out the game if the accusations are true.

I know they get asked questions so they'll have to answer something, but generally it's just better to say nothing in a situation like this...I mean, like Hassan's comment: "I'm shocked! Never expected this!" Come on, all the world expected this for years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I know they get asked questions so they'll have to answer something, but generally it's just better to say nothing in a situation like this...I mean, like Hassan's comment: "I'm shocked! Never expected this!" Come on, all the world expected this for years.

Absolutely agree on the expectations and Hassan's comment. Better to say nothing? Don't know, maybe the media won't leave you alone until you made your (stupid) comment.

The ban came yesterday but the facts have been known for years. Details of the decisions are available to everyone, if the media don't know them they're doing a bad job. Hard to believe that top professional athletes don't know that the head coach (plus the doctor and the sponsor) of their "private team" have been involved during the years in several anti-doping rules violations, experimenting with testosterone and other shady stuff...if the IAAF were consistent, they'd consider Hassan, Klosterhalfen, Brazier and the others guilty until proven innocent like they did with the Russians.  

10 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Cycling , Marion Sicot :FRA EPO

Yeah that's from a while ago, it was mentioned some pages ago that her excuse is that she was on her period.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, bestmen said:

p_13704u5bf1.jpg

Where is this from? What does it mean? I’m a bit confused here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela