website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Just now, rybak said:

This isn't bad idea, but as first I would see Masters 1000 tournament played on grass :d

I agree, Indian Wells is definitely best organized non-Grand Slam tournament.

As for Masters 1000 played on grass... it won't happen. There is no time, 5 weeks on grass is really too few to put in a Grand Slam and a Masters/Premier 5/M tournament together. Only if they expand grass season on 7 weeks we can talk about such event, otherwise, having two ATP 500 and two WTA Premier events is really enough.

Just now, Wanderer said:

I agree, Indian Wells is definitely best organized non-Grand Slam tournament.

As for Masters 1000 played on grass... it won't happen. There is no time, 5 weeks on grass is really too few to put in a Grand Slam and a Masters/Premier 5/M tournament together. Only if they expand grass season on 7 weeks we can talk about such event, otherwise, having two ATP 500 and two WTA Premier events is really enough.

Imo Queen's Club could be Masters tournament with 56 players draw, as this is in Monte-Carlo, for women's could be Premier 5 in Birmingham also with 56 players draw.

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

Imo Queen's Club could be Masters tournament with 56 players draw, as this is in Monte-Carlo, for women's could be Premier 5 in Birmingham also with 56 players draw.

The problem is, big tournament usually means big names. You cannot force someone to play masters event one week after Grand Slam, to switch from clay to grass. It would be too much.

I mean, I first love grass as surface, the original surface, and would love to see much more grass tournaments but in current conditions it simply is not feasible. 

EDIT: Yay, my 100th post :d

Edited by Wanderer

I still cannot get over that volley :cry: So, so close... But nevertheless, amazing match between Nadal and Zverev. Zverev is really good, and I hope he'll learn from this match. Has to be mentally tougher. Game is there. Welcome to top class, Sascha!

What a choke by Zverev ...

Actually Nadal did absolutely nothing to earn the win, Zverev gifted it to him.

Zverev has the level to beat almost anyone, but he doesnt have the nerves to do it.

He should have 3 top 10 wins this year already (Berdych two times and Nadal once) ...

It was a great chance for him (quarterfinal at a masters tournament against Nishikori, first top 10/top 5 win, entering top 50), but you could really see that the pressure was too much for him, Nadal won 15 of the last 16 points.

Maybe he will learn from it, but i am not very optimistic. He clearly has to improve his net play (Monfils destroyed him a couple of weeks ago by forcing him to the net) and his forehand. His fitness and his strength is getting better every time i watch him play. I actually think he should serve better, considering his size. I really like that he risks a lot with his 2nd serve, but yesterday it was too much, he had 9 aces and 11 double faults.

I also noticed that he is very bad at attacking the 2nd serve of his opponents. He often risks too much, he throws away tons of opportunities by making easy mistakes.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.