website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

7 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Me neither, but Nole is obviously not on his top level in the last few months.

Definitely. Lack of desire is visible. I thought he would regroup for the fall part of the season, it was naturally to feel empty after completion of career GS, but this is definitely a sign of slowly decline. 

But even so, Čilić played pretty good. Though some misses were hilarious and Čilić-esque :lol: And didn't he cheered up himself with "Care" after some good points or I misheard it? :d

15 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Definitely. Lack of desire is visible. I thought he would regroup for the fall part of the season, it was naturally to feel empty after completion of career GS, but this is definitely a sign of slowly decline. 

But even so, Čilić played pretty good. Though some misses were hilarious and Čilić-esque :lol: And didn't he cheered up himself with "Care" after some good points or I misheard it? :d

Lol yes :lol:

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/tenis/atp/cilic-gura-dokovica-s-trona-a-sebe-na-najbolju-poziciju-u-cijeloj-karijeri-ljestvica-sve-govori-car-marin-je-ispred-nadala-federera.../5225823/

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Totally saw Marin winning this one, kudos to him... but this most likely means Murray is going to become new world #1. 

I really think that this can be good for Novak in 2017. He will have motivation for first place (maybe). 

I expected something like this, but in 2017, not in 2016. But well, he is just a human. He was great in last 3 years.

13 hours ago, dareza said:

I really think that this can be good for Novak in 2017. He will have motivation for first place (maybe). 

I expected something like this, but in 2017, not in 2016. But well, he is just a human. He was great in last 3 years.

It was bound to happen, sooner or later. At this point I am not sure Novak will ever back to his old-self, being focused and motivated. His post-US Open interviews are indicating tennis is no longer something important to him. I was expecting some flops after Roland Garros. But the way US Open "slipped" out of his hands despite lucky circumstances might affected him more than we think. 

London won't tell much, and I really don't believe he'll be #1 at the end of the year. But Australia will show where he is heading to.

It is okay to have "leak" months and even a season. But only if he intends to come back strong, I'd approve. Otherwise.. don't know. I am not his big fan, but I believe many of them are pissed off with his attitude on the court right now.

This situation reminds me on Borg. He was great and suddenly lost all his motivation and eventually retired while he still could winning slams left and right. I do believe Novak still has at least two slams in his body, but obviously not in mind. Truly pity.

Well, after all, I am already into #netxgen bandwagon lol