website statistics

Archery

Just noticed that World class archer Sjef van den Berg is on the Canadian staff for the Pan American Qualifier (and I’m assuming he’ll be with them for the rest of the season at the very least, but I’m not sure). Great hire. 

Edited by Josh

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

Just noticed that World class archer Sjef van den Berg is on the Canadian staff for the Pan American Qualifier (and I’m assuming he’ll be with them for the rest of the season at the very least, but I’m not sure). Great hire. 

That’s a huge get for the Canadian team!

Our national broadcaster:

"The last Canadian to compete in the Olympic archery women's individual event was Marie-Pier Beaudet in 2012. At Tokyo 2020, Crispin Duenas and Stephanie Barrett finished 17th in the mixed team event."

:facepalm:

Men’s team through to the gold medal match at the Pan American Championships and are just one win away from an Olympic quota! Should we win against Colombia on Sunday (far from a given of course) it would be the first time we’ve had a team in archery since Beijing 2008. 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Josh said:

:hyper: :yikes::yikes:

Men’s team just won bronze at the Yecheon World Cup, beating India, Netherlands, and Italy in the process! :yes

Ok! Ok! Final qualifiers we can do this!!!

• 2 weeks later...