website statistics

Diving Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Even if you give South Korea's quota to the 10m the men's 3m has one more quota than it should have had.

Yes I noticed that... well someone inside FINA Diving Committee has just done a favor to Blaha, while I'm sure one place is missing in women's 3m, which should have gone to Croatia.

Well, this is weird. They suddenly updated the quotas and South Africa no longer has 2 athletes...

http://www.fina.org/content/rio-2016-diving-participating-athletes

At the moment one female athlete seems to be missing (67 out of 68 quotas are filled). But who knows, maybe we won't get it in the end because of an administrative mistake.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

38 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Even if you give South Korea's quota to the 10m the men's 3m has one more quota than it should have had.

They are looking to have 68 athletes per gender, and that doesn't necessarily means that 34 athletes have to compete in springboard and 34 in platform. Could be more athletes if a same athlete competes in both. In this summary they do have 68 men (and one woman missing).

Back in 2012 for example, 35 women altogether competed in springboard (synchro + individual).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

They are looking to have 68 athletes per gender, and that doesn't necessarily means that 34 athletes have to compete in springboard and 34 in platform. Could be more athletes if a same athlete competes in both. In this summary they do have 68 men (and one woman missing).

Back in 2012 for example, 35 women altogether competed in springboard (synchro + individual).

True, but that was because one athlete competed in both events. IIRC 34 athletes still competed in the women's platform while here we only have 33 competing in the men's platform

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

True, but that was because one athlete competed in both events. IIRC 34 athletes still competed in the women's platform while here we only have 33 competing in the men's platform

I get 34 athletes in men's platform accoring to that summary. 28 in individual + 6 only in synchro (Oliveira (BRA), Lin (CHN), Goodfellow (GBR), Hausding (GER), Dolgov (UKR), Gorshkovozov (UKR)).

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

I get 34 athletes in men's platform accoring to that summary. 28 in individual + 6 only in synchro (Oliveira (BRA), Lin (CHN), Goodfellow (GBR), Hausding (GER), Dolgov (UKR), Gorshkovozov (UKR)).

I counted Hausding under 3m since he's competing there individually. I guess things are fine

Edited by JoshMartini007

FINA finally confirmed Marcela Marić's quota. Thanks for being such a troll yesterday FINA.

Anyway, we debut in diving.  :banana:

(in Croatian)

http://radio.hrt.hr/radio-zadar/clanak/marcela-maric-na-olimpijskim-igrama/122907/

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, dcro said:

FINA finally confirmed Marcela Marić's quota. Thanks for being such a troll yesterday FINA.

Anyway, we debut in diving.  :banana:

(in Croatian)

http://radio.hrt.hr/radio-zadar/clanak/marcela-maric-na-olimpijskim-igrama/122907/

Great. Congrats what a great achievement :yes