website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Former Swiss biathlete Simon Hallenbarter has passed away at the age of 43. 'Voluntarily stepped out of life', as Swiss media describes it. Triple Olympian, eight times in the world championships and a decent top-30 athlete in the middle of his career, roughly around 2010.

https://sport.ch/biathlon/1022552/der-ehemalige-biathlet-simon-hallenbarter-ist-mit-43-jahren-freiwillig-aus-dem-leben-geschieden

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

That looks very like a fake news site to me, mate.

All I know is I'm not going to Trondheim or Planica anytime soon :hairpull: 

https://www.world-today-news.com/cross-country-skiing-dramatic-fall/

In June it became known that Viaplay had chosen to sell part of its rights, selling the TV rights to WC in the Nordic events in Planica in 2023 and Trondheim in 2025 in NRK.

The president of skiing has no doubts about how important this is for the interest in cross-country skiing.

– I think it’s extremely important. It is important that we have distributed it a bit, but it is also important that NRK is broadcasting the toilets in Trondheim and Planica.

Spoiler

I think it's mostly one of those obscure auto-translate sites that translate the most niche of niche things :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

That looks very like a fake news site to me, mate.

I was skeptical as well.  

Here are a few more articles about it.  Article #1   Article #2  Trying to piece together the translated Russian, it looks like the host federation did not order the bullets until too late and a biathlon race turned into a rollerski race with out much notice.

More interesting news out of Russia.  It appears that the RBU elections that are planned for two days from now have seen some very strong influence over the "anticipated" winner of the election.  It has gotten to a point, at least according to this article, that Perm has been suspended.  It seems that Trans-Baikal Territory has also had issues.  

Justyna Kowalczyk has resigned from her post as PZB sporting director. Three coaches (including Alexander Veretelny) have also resigned. Don't expect anything positive from Polish biathlon in the upcoming decade.

To make matters worse Magdalena Gwizdon literally had the best course time during the roller skating national championships sprint few days ago :lol: