website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

On 9/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, Grassmarket said:

Two good races today at the FourcadeFest, well worth watching, even if the course is flatter than Dutch roadkill.

Maybe true, but it is a whole lot more beautiful!  Also, the US did pretty well.  I was just wishing that they would not get dead last.

4 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Two more women have announced they are pregnant.  Both will miss the season, but return next year. 

Anna Sola and Irina Leshchenko of the Belarus team will miss the upcoming season.  

Convenient timing :p 

I also doubt they are the only ones from the Belarus team who will miss the upcoming season.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Two more women have announced they are pregnant.  Both will miss the season, but return next year. 

Anna Sola and Irina Leshchenko of the Belarus team will miss the upcoming season.  

Belarus won't be competing in any championships anyways, they suspended alongside Russia.

48 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Belarus won't be competing in any championships anyways, they suspended alongside Russia.

I know.  I wonder when both Belarus and Russia are able to compete in IBU races again, what number of slots will they have.  Ukraine was able to retain their previous number.  Will Russia and Belarus be able to do the same?  It will be interesting to see how that side of things is resolved.  

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

I think the Russians said they’d be organising an international (well, not very international) competition in addition to the usual Russia Cup.