website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

On 7/17/2022 at 6:33 AM, RobtheAggie said:

Former multiple Junior World Champion Igor Malinovshy is feared dead in a helicopter crash.

Some more news has come out.  They found the bodies, but a bear or bears appear to have mauled/eaten the bodies.

This weekend is also the Victorian Biathlon Championships in Australia.

20 hours ago, JonPhi said:

Countries for Summer World Championships in Ruhpolding:

:AUT  :CZE  :GER  :ITA  :POL  :SLO  :SWE  :SUI

Is that provisional, or the final entry list in terms of nations?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Is that provisional, or the final entry list in terms of nations?

The organizer called it so in the German press. I don't know whether teams will follow. But I can't think of any spontaneously. Russia and Belarus are blocked.
And I mean the final entries for the nations are always about 4 weeks before.

29 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

The organizer called it so in the German press. I don't know whether teams will follow. But I can't think of any spontaneously. Russia and Belarus are blocked.
And I mean the final entries for the nations are always about 4 weeks before.

Thanks. I'm kind of hoping something else pops up, because this seems smaller than usual even for summer biathlon, but anyhow I'm looking forward to it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks. I'm kind of hoping something else pops up, because this seems smaller than usual even for summer biathlon, but anyhow I'm looking forward to it :d 

You do sometimes get freelancers as well though, even from big teams.

I know that some of the smaller teams like the summer biathlon better as the rollerskis are only given out a few minutes prior to the race.  As a result of this they feel like they have a better chance to compete.  I would assume Belgium might show up, Denmark as well.