website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Here is the Full-Line Up for Ruhpolding. 28 Countries, but the two big nations Norway and France are missing:

Still cool to see the list having increased rather significantly in the past few days :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

Here is the Full-Line Up for Ruhpolding. 28 Countries, but the two big nations Norway and France are missing:

Best line-up ever, I'd say.  Norway & France have their own meets, both very much fan- and sponsor-friendly affairs. 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:20 PM, RobtheAggie said:

Lithuania gets a female biathlete - 23-year-old Lidia Zhurauskaite.  Her great-grandfather was Lithuanian, but she was born in Murmansk. It seems like she started this process about 12 months ago, and it is now finalized.

Yuuuuup, it's an entire can of worms. I've heard the rumours last year, but couldn't comment on it since it was not public. 

Problem is that when Russia invaded Ukraine, she was not really on Ukraine's side and she really fell out of favour with every single Lithuanian on the team after this incident, so her future is so uncertain, I don't even know if she was present in the training camp + she also didn't start in the Lithuanian cup this week too, so I wouldn't be too certain on how her career is going to pan out. 

In other news: Judita Traubaitė switched to biathlon, she was a u20 and u23 world medalist in skiing-orienteering, this week was her very first competition with the rifle and she finished 6 minutes behind Kočergina, her shooting score 4+3, so she is still a work in progress.

Another thing, Viktorija Augulytė started in the cup and won both the roller and the cross-country sprints after two seasons of quitting biathlon, don't know if this is going to be a full-fledged comeback, but one could only hope.

It's still not certain if Gabrielė Leščinskaitė is going to continue next year, right now she's with the EYOF team.

It's likely that the IBU cup could have Traubaitė, Augulytė, Žurauskaitė, Kresik, Daugirdaitė, Kapancova, Urumova in rotation and even though they're surely there to finish at the bottom of the score sheet, this is still a lot more names than I could've ever imagined before the 2022-23 season. 

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Still cool to see the list having increased rather significantly in the past few days :cheer: 

Very surprised to see the US there.  But that is great.  US Summer Nationals are 5-7 August.  It will be interesting to see who the US sends.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, RobtheAggie said:

And we have results from a race on snow!  The Victorian Biathlon Championships were held last weekend.

Sprint

Short Individual

Too bad it's without the two main Australian women. I assume Jill Colebourn wasn't there because of living in Italy, while Darcie Morton recently got a fairly serious ankle injury when....running with her dogs, of all things :( Out for two months at least.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!