website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

Just now, nenad said:

Russia will never lose Crimea. If it comes to that, they'll just nuke Ukraine. 

They will never nuke anyone unless they feel suicidal. NATO would literally obliterate the entire Russian army if they start nuking anyone close to the NATO borders and Russia knows that. The use of one nuke would be enough for the entire Western alliance to support a direct attack on the Russian army by NATO. 

5 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

GEE,I WONDER WHY HUNGARY DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE THAT MUCH

Agains the whole EU? Don't we have enogh trouble with it? And why does not care the EU with it?

Edited by lapaj

5 hours ago, Vektor said:

Part of literally every Western allied nation is into nazism. We had a literal neonazi militia marching in Budapest during the late 2000s, supported by a party that got 17% of the popular vote during the 2010 Hungarian elections. Does it mean that a Russian invasion of Hungary would suddenly be okay or that Hungary is a nazi state?

Magyar gárda: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyar_Gárda

Neonazi murders of Roma people in Hungary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–2009_neo-Nazi_murders_of_Roma_in_Hungary

And guess what, it would still not be okay if Russia would suddenly attack us. To some extent every nation has these kind of people, some have more support and power, some have less. But ultimately what matters is that Ukraine isn't controlled by neonazis, just like how the far-right party never got majority support in Hungary. If you call Zelensky a far-right leader, you might as well call Orbán that as well.

So, western world (whole world actually) is built on hipocrisy, not a democracy. Thats a biggest catch. That loophole is exploited by Russia, for more than 100 years. Their ratio - if democracy is a farce, we are living in anarchy where everyone can take whatever they want

so why shouldnt we take parts that were (their POV) russian in the past. Same thing is done by USA, by UK, by France. 

Every action needs reaction, thats the start of cold war. West doesnt like communism, they will do everything to destroy it. Russia doesnt like West, they will do everything to destroy it. 

Both sides, both extreme poles dont give a .... about humanity, ethics.

If both sides take humanity as the main principle, we wouldnt have this war at the first place.

8 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

So, western world (whole world actually) is built on hipocrisy, not a democracy. Thats a biggest catch. That loophole is exploited by Russia, for more than 100 years. Their ratio - if democracy is a farce, we are living in anarchy where everyone can take whatever they want

so why shouldnt we take parts that were (their POV) russian in the past. Same thing is done by USA, by UK, by France. 

Every action needs reaction, thats the start of cold war. West doesnt like communism, they will do everything to destroy it. Russia doesnt like West, they will do everything to destroy it. 

Both sides, both extreme poles dont give a .... about humanity, ethics.

If both sides take humanity as the main principle, we wouldnt have this war at the first place.

This kind of "both sides suck" thinking doesn't work in the current era of politics when one side clearly give MUCH more freedom to its people and its states. If both sides would be the same, UK wouldn't have had the chance to exit the EU, Hungary wouldn't get away with everything that its leadership did in the past 13 years and so on. I have been to both Western Europe and Russia, I have relatives living in both the West and the East, and it blows my mind when someone pulls the "both sides" card every time, because you need some high level mental gymnastics to believe in such a thing. 

And this also seems like a very dated, Cold War era way of looking at it, when it's far more simple. This entire conflict is the final death rattle of a dying, fading Russia, their last attempt at reviving their past glory before they fade from the world stage and officially become a middle-tier power. Russia is destroying themselves, not the West. So playing this "both sides" card is even more pointless, the West doesn't even have to be the good guys in this, just to be sensible to see that Putin is on the path of total self-destruction. 

24 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Or simply if Russia did not do in what they are the best, invade their neighbor in the night

I read a lot about Soviet (Russian) policies, always condemned what they did in 1956 and in 1968, 1979. I also condemned February 2022 action. So my POV was clear from the beginning.

But Ukraine did many poor political decisions since 1991. I dont see 2014 turmoil as something nice and productive at all. 

And i dont see them as completelly innocent at all. Not the ordinary people, but political leaders. From Kuchma, Poroshenko...up to Zelenski.

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This kind of "both sides suck" thinking doesn't work in the current era of politics when one side clearly give MUCH more freedom to its people and its states. If both sides would be the same, UK wouldn't have had the chance to exit the EU, Hungary wouldn't get away with everything that its leadership did in the past 13 years and so on. I have been to both Western Europe and Russia, I have relatives living in both the West and the East, and it blows my mind when someone pulls the "both sides" card every time, because you need some high level mental gymnastics to believe in such a thing. 

And this also seems like a very dated, Cold War era way of looking at it, when it's far more simple. This entire conflict is the final death rattle of a dying, fading Russia, their last attempt at reviving their past glory before they fade from the world stage and officially become a middle-tier power. Russia is destroying themselves, not the West. So playing this "both sides" card is even more pointless, the West doesn't even have to be the good guys in this, just to be sensible to see that Putin is on the path of total self-destruction. 

Like i said before, this is question of ethics.

Living in both sides actually doesnt prove a thing. I see decrepited policies in both systems. You personally are just more prone to western system which is ok, as long as you arent biased against the east.

Westerners are programed to hate Russians, vice versa too. 

I dont like Russia at all. I dont like communism at all. I dont like hipocrisy of West niether. But i dont hate both of them niether. Thats the difference.

To be honest, i wont stand for Russia but niether for Ukraine. Your POV is just yours, not necessarilly right one. Same goes for me. So, you should try to respect that others have different opinion than yours. 

For the second part, you could be right.

Russia could be fading, but its their decision and destiny. They asked for it. 

As a humanist, i feel sorry for people there, for the great culture they had. But again, its wheel of future cant be changed.

21 hours ago, Vektor said:

They will never nuke anyone unless they feel suicidal. NATO would literally obliterate the entire Russian army if they start nuking anyone close to the NATO borders and Russia knows that. The use of one nuke would be enough for the entire Western alliance to support a direct attack on the Russian army by NATO. 

We'll see. Just keep your faith in NATO and you'll find out.