website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Except they are truly different events and add to the program. The Mass Start does need to be reworked a bit though I admit. Cross Country Mass Start is awesome.

I hate the disrespect distance athletes (like myself) get on a constant basis.

You haven't followed cross country a lot? Most cc skiing fans I know absolutely HATE the mass start. It's just for TV purpose because the interval race lasted longer and TV rules everything these days. 50km mass start must be one of the worst ideas ever.

Every event in swimming after the 100m events are redundant. Team events in Archery and Judo and Table Tennis are redundant. Doubles in Table Tennis, Badminton, and Tennis are redundant. The 200m is redundant.

That comparison makes no sense whatsoever. We very often have different winners on different distances, what clearly suggests that you need different skills...

#banbestmen

Just now, bestmen said:

That was my prediction 

1 price 

2 fiodorow 

3 berry , i dont what happened with her 

Berry couldn’t get the hammer out of the box. She just couldn’t produce results tonight.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Monzanator said:

Yeah, just like in alpine skiing team event, back-ups and people without a chance for individual medal actually make the team. Just check some of the :AUT and :SUI line-ups. Even Marcel Hirscher didn't bother to show up for the team event to win an easy medal :lol:

The team event is super exciting though, just like the Mixed 4x400m relay.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The innovation is the strategic options. It also forces countries to be good in both genders. Plus, we still need all the basic requirements of running a good 400m

Except that it isn't. Everyone has already figured out the most beneficial order M-W-W-M (except Japan).

Good in both genders? It's just rich getting richer again.

#banbestmen

The innovation is the strategic options. It also forces countries to be good in both genders. Plus, we still need all the basic requirements of running a good 400m

Right. 15 teams went with the same strategy M-F-F-M and the one that did otherwise got royally panned for it and still finish last. Thanks for that kind of innovation. Just add :USA another gold and we're done with this crap. USA, GB, Poland and Jamaica are good in 400m in both genders already and we actually didn't put our best athletes here and still won SF with ease. So much for a high standard. Backups can win here without breaking sweat.

Just now, Monzanator said:

You haven't followed cross country a lot? Most cc skiing fans I know absolutely HATE the mass start. It's just for TV purpose because the interval race lasted longer and TV rules everything these days. 50km mass start must be one of the worst ideas ever.

That be like saying the only good part of the Tour De France is the time trials...

The 50km is monster. Only athletes with the best fitness and best strategy can win. It’s a true test of Skiing ability.

Just now, dcro said:

That comparison makes no sense whatsoever. We very often have different winners on different distances, what clearly suggests that you need different skills...

Just like in the Mixed 4x400m