website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Norway is everywhere in long/middle distance , with good results they compete Africans , very strange as they trained in cold and they run now under 38° ,

i hope they will test them correctly 

I agree, very weird development by them. Then again we know the methods they are using in cross country skiing, so it shouldnt be too surprising that they became that good in running recently.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

You are forgetting that the crowds for athletics in Rio were terrible. 

No, i remember very well, i still think that the attendance was better and if they would have handed out free tickets, the attendance probably would have been even better.

It just doesnt make much sense in my opinion to give the competition to some country with a population of a city in order to make the sport more global, when you could give the competition to much bigger countries where you could actually inspire a significant amount of people. There is a lot of untapped potential in Vietnam/Philippines/Indonesia/Turkey/Brazil/South Africa, in Qatar not so much.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.