website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I am not sure about german people travelling to Hungary. Hungary has a very bad reputation in Germany thanks to their racism and antisemitism. Many german fans will be afraid to go there + not many german people are crazy enough to travel halfway through europe to watch german athletes getting beaten by drug cheats from countries they never heard of before.

Bullshit. Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix is notoriously one of the best attended races of the year for a long time. I assume the ticket prices will also be cheaper than in Western Europe. Real sport fans don't give a fuck about politics & Orban.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Education is really that completely useless in Germany?

It definitely is in the US. I’d say 40-55% of Americans think Africa is country. Also 60-70% think other states count as foreign countries...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Education is really that completely useless in Germany?

We know where Holland is, that must be enough.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I’m not the cause of an argument on this thread! :clap: :thumbup: (at least this time)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Monzanator said:

Bullshit. Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix is notoriously one of the best attended races of the year for a long time. I assume the ticket prices will also be cheaper than in Western Europe. Real sport fans don't give a fuck about politics & Orban.

Formula 1 is something completely different, because it is actually interesting to watch and everyone likes fast cars.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The girls in the 20 km race walking must have a really bad feeling wandering around alone in the dark at such a late hour. Hopefully none of them will be attacked by some creep.

Formula 1 is something completely different, because it is actually interesting to watch and everyone likes fast cars.

You probably missed the constant bitching about lack of overtaking & Mercedes dominance in the hybrid era though? Plus it's not interesting enough to sustain a German GP when a German manufacturer collects titles like crazy. So I guess Germany doesn't love fast Mercedes cars enough.

Any specific reason for why you don't like Jamaica?

I just have never liked their athletes. They come across so fake to me, with the constant smiles, the hairs, the pandering to the fans, which Bolt started. Our commentators couldn't stop talking about SAFP and Elaine's haires the whole night...

They were nowhere until Bolt came and then everyone else after him in 2008 brought so much media/public hype, that i never liked. Even to this day, Jamaica rarely gets any negative press, even though their sprinters are just as shady as the americans. But they get a pass most of the time.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

I disagree.

I respect your opinion and humbly agree with that. I am 100% not disagreeing with that. We completely agree. I have no argument here.

:p