website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, NMQ said:

Krejcikova with the upset of the week, breaks Swiatek's 21 consecutive sets won in finals and wins the title in Ostrava in a 3h16m crazy battle. Iga cried a lot in the end :( but didn't understand a thing she said cause she talked in polish :p

Firstly she said that she doesn't know what to say :) then she got a huge ovation from the crowd, people shouting Thank You in Polish (there were many many Polish fans in the stands, Ostrava is very close to Polish border), then she started to cry, said that it's probably the hardest moment of the tournament to say anything now, she said she cried in the last game and she knows it wasn't very professional but she cried with happiness - because all her dreams actually came true, regardless she wins or loses. So she wanted to thank the crowd because they make dreams come true together with her. She mentioned that the atmosphere at this tournament was special and the crowd made her not to give up and fight till the end. Thanks to organizers, congrats to Barbora, thanks to sponsors and her team, and her father who came there which was special and he did well.

And she said that tomorrow is World Mental Health Day and she will donate all the prize money from this tournament to a non-profit organization in Poland and she hopes it will change sth. If she had won, the prize money would be bigger but... :dunno:

That's probably it.

Anyway, that was a really decent game of tennis, I really liked it. 3 hours long but very interesting all the time.

Edited by rafalgorka

Yeah, the final was great with many high quality played points. Something WTA truly deserves. And Iga showed once again why she is world number one. Also happy to see Krejcikova raised again, which makes her RG run last year less fluke :d Excellent serving in the third set.

18 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

How many times has Iga done this? I've lost count. No need to act like Kyrgios. She should be better than that.

She apologised. I think it's just reflex action, will do it less in the future after she starts to handle it I guess.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:43 PM, NMQ said:

She apologised. I think it's just reflex action, will do it less in the future after she starts to handle it I guess.

It was far from the first time although at least now she apologised, hopefully she stops for good.