website statistics

Day 1 (February 5th, 2022)

2 minutes ago, james89 said:

Kingsbury with the silver is absolutely bizarre given the runs that others did. Perplexing. 

There were some curious scores during qualifying and then in the finals, but nothing that affected the top-5ish.  But when I saw Horishima's score I knew there would be some fuckery in the final scores.  Absolute joke, no credibility.  Might as well be 2002 figure skating at this point.  

10 minutes ago, james89 said:

Kingsbury with the silver is absolutely bizarre given the runs that others did. Perplexing. 

I get the impression he went one notch too conservative.

It sure seems like Olympics moguls judges love to punish the favourites if they don't push the envelope, and Kingsbury basically did the same kind of run he did in the last world cup before the Olympics (where he finished second, too).

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

I get the impression he went one notch too conservative.

I get the impression that at the Olympics judges love (and I do mean love) to punish the favourites if they don't push the envelope, and Kingsbury basically did the same kind of run he did in the last world cup before the Olympics (where he finished second, too).

I hear that.  Kingsbury did look conservative on his last run, but it was much cleaner than anyone else.  Turns are supposed to be 40% of the score, and his were 100% better.  Jumps were cleaner, higher and equal or more difficult.  The only thing Wallberg was better at was time (20%).  

But I want to stress that Horishima being on the podium is a complete joke.  That was a terrible run in almost every way.