website statistics

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Indoor U18 and U20 Baltic Team Championships are ongoing, Lithuanians broke six age group records today:

Adas Dambrauskas - 60m - 6.82 - U17 record

Danielius Vasiliauskas - 60m - 6.99 - U16 record

Lukas Sutkus - 400m - 49.29 - U18 record

Nikodemas Laurynas - Pole Vault - 4.75 - U18 record, U18 & U19 indoor records

Also, Lithuanians won all four sprints, might be a rebirth of Lithuanian sprinters, which has been very much missed since Sakalauskas, Grinčikaitė and Tamošaitytė era.

The second day is on Saturday with 200m, 800m, 3000m, high jump, triple jump and a mixed 400m relay.

23 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Balkan Indoor Championships commentator was calling Slovenian athletes "Slovakians" :d @hckošice

Still nothing to the shock I got once surfing on the web and read about the new Slovak basketball world super star, you can imagine my surprise, so I obviously tried to learn more about that Slovak named Luka Doncic I do believe, sadly he looks never played for his native country though

Have not unfortunately enough time to find that news now :(

so just a random video, when you click on google Doncic - Slovakia

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Still nothing to the shock I got once surfing on the web and read about the new Slovak basketball world super star, you can imagine my surprise, so I obviously tried to learn more about that Slovak named Luka Doncic I do believe, sadly he looks never played for his native country though

Have not unfortunately enough time to find that news now :(

so just a random video, when you click on google Doncic - Slovakia

It's funny because Kobe was a long time teammate with Sasha "the machine" Vujačić. He even learned some slovenian words because of him. 

40 minutes ago, FireRun said:

It's funny because Kobe was a long time teammate with Sasha "the machine" Vujačić. He even learned some slovenian words because of him. 

only bad words, though...:lol:

when they had to talk about basketball, they usually did speak Italian (I heard them more than once)...

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Justyna Swiety-Ersetic 51,04 NR during Polish Indoor championships today.

Also what is worthy to mention, in upcoming Indoor World Championships will be first big event since ages for us when nobody qualified in pole vault....

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

Also what is worthy to mention, upcoming Indoor World Championships will be first big event since ages for us when nobody qualified in pole vault....

Will Piotr Lisek not be nominated? According to the Road to Belgrade tracker on WA, he achieved the entry standard last year. Of course I don't know if there is an additional requirement from the Polish athletics federation for him to have jumped at least 5.81m in the 2022-season?

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Will Piotr Lisek not be nominated? According to the Road to Belgrade tracker on WA, he achieved the entry standard last year. Of course I don't know if there is an additional requirement from the Polish athletics federation for him to have jumped at least 5.81m in the 2022-season?

He said today, after winning gold medal in national champioships, jumping 5.61, that he doesn't want go to Belgrade just for being a "tourist" as he feel that he doesn't have form yet, with hope that in summer everything will be back to normal.