website statistics

Nordic Combined at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

38 minutes ago, phelps said:

frankly, I hope we can find 5 athletes better than today's boiled Pittin in 4 years time...

Five? With the women's field likely coming in, men will be lucky to keep four. Could drop to three should they replace the team relay with mixed team relay.

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Five? With the women's field likely coming in, men will be lucky to keep four. Could drop to three should they replace the team relay with mixed team relay.

Is it necessary, those knifes in my heart? :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

True. I doubt he'll ever improve in Jumping. But Buzzi and Bortolas do now look so bad, that should be two for 2026.

I forgot about Fontana and Retornaz (maybe missed somebody else) who could also compete in 2026.

Fischnaller in snowboard might also do it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is it necessary, those knifes in my heart? :( 

Well, they have unfortunately capped the total nimber of athletes. It would be surprising then if they didn't continue the practice of reducing men to accomodate women.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, they have unfortunately capped the total nimber of athletes. It would be surprising then if they didn't continue the practice of reducing men to accomodate women.

I sadly completely agree with you, but damn. It'd be so sad, especially considering women's Nordic combined is still so....you know. It's growing and that is absolutely good, but men's NC is already fairly uncompetitive in a broad sense, let alone the women.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nordic Combined has been about Germany, Austria, Norway, Finland & Japan for the last 30 years. USA & France have tailed off and we have random field-fillers from Italy or Czech Republic. The competition hasn't really changed much since like forever :p

And yet we get Olympic thrillers like this week with three different countries on the podium :p 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:56 AM, OlympicsFan said:

Fischnaller in snowboard might also do it.

Also: Retornaz in curling and Confortola in short track

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, Einarsen said:

Riiber is back and ready for tomorrow:thumbup:

Horrible news for Germany (and everyone else), but i guess it would have been unfair for him not to win an individual gold. Frenzel will be back for the team competition, Weber has to go home sadly.