website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@OlympicsFanThere is slow and there is Anna Weidel-slow :p

The one that always frustrated me the most is Janina Hettich, but you could probably name a dozen women who all weren't remotely competitive thanks to their lack of skiing speed.

Skiing speed is the problem that is obviously holding back german biathlon. Even our juniors are lightyears behind the russian/norwegian/french juniors. I think german biathlon focuses too much on shooting. They should try to focus more on skiing speed and maybe develop a system where the best cross-country skiing talents also practice shooting in order to maybe switch to biathlon later on. A former cross-country skier possibly winning germany's only medal isn't a coincidence.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

:SWE in really bad shape :yikes: Germans and Norwegians were much faster 

Might have been a problem with the material or maybe they just didn't bother anymore after being out of it relatively early. I guess we will see.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Denise Herrmann joins a rather short list of athletes who won a medal in two different sports at the olympics. I think 16 athletes have won medals in two different winter sports and apparently only 5 women (Reztsova, ter Mors, Ledecka, Weissensteiner and Erdmann) have done it. Reztsova is the only woman who has done it in biathlon and cross-country skiing before.

2 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Ahhh. Alimbekava i Davidova... Medals for German, France, Norway - standard.

I think France concentrate on having a strong team rather than star individuals. Every single Olympics at least one is guaranteed to do well, even if others flop.