website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Paulína to our TV : "No idea which genius had this bright idea to build the biathlon stadium and shooting range on the completely open peak of the highest local hill" :lol:

It was -15 during the training but with the extreme wind, the biathletes felt that it was around -35 at some moments :p

273221424_492460142250576_75381455002560

3 hours ago, dcro said:

As they should. I bet biathletes are sick and tired of having to race two straight Olympics in unheard of conditions because some "fans" are too lazy to wake up at 7 am or something.

don't worry, it won't happen anymore in 4 years time...

in 2026, no snow sport will be under the floodlights (except maybe the alpine skiing slaloms in Bormio and some freestyle events, but I'm not sure about that, too)...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

don't worry, it won't happen anymore in 4 years time...

in 2026, no snow sport will be under the floodlights (except maybe the alpine skiing slaloms in Bormio and some freestyle events, but I'm not sure about that, too)...

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start pushing them back because the ratings for the Winter Olympics look set to be poor and they might need more evening events in Europe to give 2026 a boost. 

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I wonder if there would be any spectators under these circumstances even without COVID. It must be almost unbearably cold for everyone there, not just for the athletes. 

The spectators could have sat under giant heaters.  I am sure I saw people standing under a heater at the Moguls yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, phelps said:

Why would you say that, when like a week ago we had Snowboard WC in Cortina at night :d  Biathlon and cross-country would be more likely for the day session, but i'm sure Ski-Jumping, snowboard, freestyle stuff would be slotted during the later part of the day. After all they need to balance the schedule.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Why would you say that, when like a week ago we had Snowboard WC in Cortina at night :d  Biathlon and cross-country would be more likely for the day session, but i'm sure Ski-Jumping, snowboard, freestyle stuff would be slotted during the later part of the day. After all they need to balance the schedule.

The Ski Jumping was at night in Sochi so It must have a fair chance of being at night in 2026.