website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2030 Bid Process

2 hours ago, Ros said:

As I remember there was an idea for hosting youth Winter Olympic Games. We had two unsuccessful bits for the WOG 1992 and 1994. I think there aren't chances to organize even YOG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bids_for_the_1992_Winter_Olympics

In the fight for the 1992 Winter Games. Sofia even took 2nd place but clearly lost to Albertville. There must have been a specific and concret plan to organize such an event, since they applied twice and received a large number of votes.

19 hours ago, copravolley said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bids_for_the_1992_Winter_Olympics

In the fight for the 1992 Winter Games. Sofia even took 2nd place but clearly lost to Albertville. There must have been a specific and concret plan to organize such an event, since they applied twice and received a large number of votes.

Sofia only lost because the IOC president at the time wanted France to host the Winter Olympics (so as to handicap Paris' 1992 Summer bid)

37 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The mayor of Torino said to Italian media that they are going to host the speed skating...

It's 1,5 year until the Olympics, surely by now they are supposed to know where things are being held? :hairpull: 

I assume the bobsleigh track has been long finished by now, or did they decide to wait until the last moment with finishing the track, so they can throw away 'easy' medals? :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

It's 1,5 year until the Olympics, surely by now they are supposed to know where things are being held? :hairpull: 

I assume the bobsleigh track has been long finished by now, or did they decide to wait until the last moment with finishing the track, so they can throw away 'easy' medals? :p 

He was speaking about 2030, not Milano-Cortina

48 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The mayor of Torino said to Italian media that they are going to host the speed skating...

Nothing (yet) on french medias. We kwnow from the start, that no oval is going to be built for the games. I'd prefer a temprary venue somewhere in France, but Torino is still better than Norway or the Netherlands.

59 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

He was speaking about 2030, not Milano-Cortina

Whoops, good morning :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Nothing (yet) on french medias. We kwnow from the start, that no oval is going to be built for the games. I'd prefer a temprary venue somewhere in France, but Torino is still better than Norway or the Netherlands.

No doubt. Both Hamar and Heerenveen would be insanely awesome venues for Olympic speed skating, apart from outdoor venues I can't think of any better location for any major competition (so many speed skating venues just feel....dead), but for an Olympics in France? That's just too many countries away.