website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Hi, is the list of qualified players listed by ITA anywhere

I think it will be out earliest of 19th June as it's the deadline until national tennis federations should confirm the name lists. Then may come the reallocations....

The Spanish team has been announced and Paula Badosa :ESP wont't use her protected ranking. 

Singles:

• Carlos Alcaraz
  • Rafael Nadal
  • Pablo Carreño
  • Alejandro Davidovich

• Sara Sorribes
  • Cristina Bucsa

Pairs:

• Carlos Alcaraz & Rafael Nadal
  • Marcel Granollers & TBD

• Sara Sorribes & Cristina Bucsa

The mixed pair will be decided during the Olympics and Jessica Bouzas will join the team if she receives a reallocation.

Edited by Cobi

55 minutes ago, hckošice said:

You sure ? There not a single info or mention about that anywhere

Yes, wiki said this also.

She was first in order. But Mertens and Badosa won't start (both confirmed).

Edited by Adriano

26 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Yes, wiki said this also.

She was first in order. But Mertens and Badosa won't start (both confirmed).

not sure wiki is a reliable source. plus they change it million times per day, this morning I checked she was 54th in that table, a hour later she suddenly was not there at all, now she is back 57th last qualified, so yeah... :d

I will believe it once it will be confirmed, for now I am rather sceptical, I assume plenty of players want/will use their protected ranking for Paris so at the end of the day it will still end as usual, first or second non-qualified. You know our Paris qualifiers trade mark

Edited by hckošice

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

not sure wiki is a reliable source. plus they change it million time per day, this morning I chacked she was 54th in that table, a hour later she was not there at all , now she is 57th, so yeah... :d

I will believe it once it will be confirmed, for now I am rather sceptical, I assume plenty of players want/will use their protected ranking for Paris so at the end of the day it will still end as usual, first or second non-qualified. You know our Paris qualifiers trade mark

In our totallympics list girl from Slovakia is first - but they still have Mertens (ITF official website said that she won't play - so it's sure https://www.itftennis.com/en/news-and-media/articles/first-players-confirmed-to-take-part-in-olympic-tennis-event-at-paris-2024/). 

Elise Mertens
.BEL
Elina Avanesyan
.RUS
Petra Martić
.CRO
Anna Karolína Schmiedlová
.SVK
Camila Osorio
.COL
Edited by Adriano

4 hours ago, Adriano said:

In our totallympics list girl from Slovakia is first - but they still have Mertens (ITF official website said that she won't play - so it's sure https://www.itftennis.com/en/news-and-media/articles/first-players-confirmed-to-take-part-in-olympic-tennis-event-at-paris-2024/). 

Elise Mertens
.BEL
Elina Avanesyan
.RUS
Petra Martić
.CRO
Anna Karolína Schmiedlová
.SVK
Camila Osorio
.COL

There are also 5 Czech athletes marked as qualified (Vondrousova, Krejcikova, Noskova, Siniakova and Bouzkova; the limit is 4) so Schmiedlova should definitely be in. 

21 hours ago, avlar said:

I can provide some details on this. According to the latest stetment by Tarpishchev (president of russian tennis federation):

MSingles: Medvedev, Rublev, Khachanov*, Safiullin 

WSingles: Kasatkina, Samsonova, Aleksandorva, M.Andreeva

2 important notes:

- he said nothing about doubles (despite of the high enough ranking position of Zvonareva)

- he remarked that this squad will take part if the athltes will be allowed by compete *

* by now we know about at least one case of russian tennis player (Khachanov) beeing accused of pro-war activity in soical networks.

Didn't M. Andreeva also like some pro-war posts on social media?

Also, does Kasatkina have any intention to compete in Paris as she has been outspoken against the war?