website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Jur said:

I would say Granollers/Badosa is a more likely :ESP team, since Sorribes/Alcaraz already are going to play the two other events.

I dont think Badosa can play  the Olympics , she Is too far behind in ranking 

10 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

I dont think Badosa can play  the Olympics , she Is too far behind in ranking 

She has protected ranking

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

I hope that Vavassori and all the team will not be invite at Errani's home for the lunch :p

Questa è cattiva, tanto. Non sapevo come rendere l'idea scrivendolo in inglese.

18 hours ago, Jur said:

I would say Granollers/Badosa is a more likely :ESP team, since Sorribes/Alcaraz already are going to play the two other events.

I understand for Alcaraz but why not Sorribes playing three events? It's not like she is a top player and expected to go deep the way Alcaraz is.

so happy for Varvara Gracheva who was a nationalized Russian Frenchwoman who qualified at the last minute, a great moment of emotion when she sang the Marseillaise with the audience at Roland Garros when she won her last match. The French public adopted it! it's nice

Posted (edited)

So is it for sure that Thiago Monteiro of Brazil qualifies? There are four Argentines in the top 56 ahead of Diaz Acosta, but I was wondering what if one of them is not eligible or does not want to go.  Would this mean the fourth Argentine spot goes to Acosta as a reallocated quota with Monteiro qualifying, or does Diaz Acosta retain his ITF spot?

Edited by evil betty
more understandable sentence

On 6/1/2024 at 11:40 AM, JoshMartini007 said:

I don't think :KEN Angella Okutoyi will make the top 400 (currently she's 502). The African quota likely goes to :EGY Mayar Sherif (the Egyptian silver medalist is ranked even lower) who would have qualified through the rankings normally.

You are probably right, she still has a chance if she wins in La Marsa this week though. I believe that would put her at 159 points which should (just barely) be inside the top 400. Does not seem likely, but if she wins a couple of rounds it will get exciting I think.

1 hour ago, evil betty said:

So is it for sure that Thiago Monteiro of Brazil qualifies? There are four Argentines in the top 56 ahead of Diaz Acosta, but I was wondering what if one of them is not eligible or does not want to go.  Would this mean the fourth Argentine spot goes to Acosta as a reallocated quota with Monteiro qualifying, or does Diaz Acosta retain his ITF spot?

yes, all four are eligible and will play Paris.