website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Sub13 said:

I feel like this was kind of already answered by someone else but that’s not right. Point 2 says their PLACE will be reallocated (they don’t need a place because are already entered with their OQT), but then point 10 applies which allows them to enter 1 event with an OCT.

Your interpretation doesn’t make sense because that would mean point 10 can’t possibly ever apply to anyone.

No you are right, the way you interpret it is correct. By the way since your new here, feel free to correct me whenever I've said or interpreted something factually wrong. I'm not very good at interpreting things and often do so wrong.  

21 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

No you are right, the way you interpret it is correct. By the way since your new here, feel free to correct me whenever I've said or interpreted something factually wrong. I'm not very good at interpreting things and often do so wrong.  

Haha no all good! I don’t make a habit of correcting people but yeah I was pretty sure I was right on this one

7 minutes ago, Sub13 said:

Haha no all good! I don’t make a habit of correcting people but yeah I was pretty sure I was right on this one

Yeah no worries mate. I'm not bothered by you correcting me by the way, when I said that I was just letting out my personal frustration at once again interpreting something wrong as I've been doing that a lot recently.  

:IND Received 2 universality quotas

Srihari Nataraj: Men’s 100m Backstroke

Dhinidhi Desinghu: Women’s 200m FS

(She is just 14 years young & will be the youngest athlete in our contingent)

On 6/27/2024 at 3:14 AM, Cinnamon Bun said:

I'm currently in the process of creating a list which estimates how many OCT quotas will be available and which athletes are eligible for them. 

Apologies for the delay, wanted to make sure everything accurate and factually correct on the OCT eligibility side. 

When adding up the qualified individual and relay athletes I got a final number of 594. Due to all the relay athletes not being announced this number I had to make an educated guess fora couple of the relay nations so this number may be 3 or 4 out either side. I then added all the possible universality quotas which got me to a total of 319 before combining those numbers to get to 913. I then divided 319 by 4 as I expect about 50 - 60 of the countries eligible for 2 universality quotas to only take up 1 or potentially none at all and about 15-20 of the countries eligible for 1 universality quota to reject it, this left me with 79.75 that I rounded up to 80. I then subtracted 80 from the 913 total to get a final estimate of 833, meaning 19 quotas would be available for OCT athletes. With that said here is every athlete that is eligible to qualify via OCT after OQT, relay and universality quotas are dished out in order of their priority: 

1. :AUT - Heiko Gigler - Men’s 100m Free - 909 points

2. :SUI - Jeremy Desplanches - Men’s 200m IM - 901 points

3. :NZL - Zac Reid - Men's 400m Free - 900 points

4. :JPN - Shogo Takeda - Men’s 1500m Free - 896 points

5. :FIN - Tomas Koski - Men’s 200m Free - 880 points

6. :SLO - Janja Segel - Women’s 200m Free - 880 points

7. :ROU - Denis-Lauren Popescu - Men’s 100m Back - 873 points

8. :ESP - Jessica Vall Montero - Women’s 200m Breastroke - 872 points

9. :RSA - Emma Chelius - Women’s 50m Free - 871 points

10. :ARG - Santiago Grassi - Men’s 100m Fly - 870 points

11. :GER - David Thomasberger - Men’s 200m Fly - 863 points

12. :ARG - Agostina Hein - Women’s 800m Free - 863 points

13. :POR - Francisca Soares Martins - Women’s 400m Free - 858 points

14. :EGY - Ali Khalafalla - Men’s 50m Free - 856 points 

15. :IRL - John Shortt - Men’s 200m Back - 855 points

16. :SGP - Ching Hwee Gan - Women’s 1500m Free - 852 points

17. :ESP - Laura Cabanes Garzas - Women’s 200m Fly - 841 points

18. :ROU - Aissia Claudia Prisecariu - Women’s 200m Back - 830 points

19. :TUR - Berke Saka - Men’s 200m IM - 897 points

20. :SGP - En Yi Letitia Sim - Women’s 200m Breastroke - 895 points

21. :EGY - Youssef Ramadan - Men’s 100 Fly - 863 points

22. :BUL - Kaloyan Bratanov - Men’s 50m Free - 853 points-

23. :POL - Mateusz Chowaniec - Men’s 100m Free - 904 points

24. :TUR - Emre Sakci - Men’s 50m Free - 852 points

Other than the potential of the likes of :ITA and :ESP rejecting some of these OCT quotas, this should all be factually correct and accurate. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun