1 hour ago, dobar_73 said:

:SRB Announced their team, even though qualifiers are not yet done,

Nikolić u48

Perišić u57

Žabić +78

Bunčić u66

Majdov u90

Kukolj u100

All who you would expect through ranking, but the thing is that Bunčić is in the Continental Quota and there are still Opens to go. He is one of the lower ones and could fall out depending on a vast variety of circumstances. These circumstances hopefully won't happen, but thought I might just mention it. 

I think Buncic is safe 

:FRA Teddy Riner did actually take part in the African Open in :MAR Marrakech last weekend :yikes:

of course, he easily won the gold medal in the men's +100kg class and earned 100 more points in the OQR

now, he's in starting list also in the next weekend in :ESP Madrid, which means that in case of a victory (quite obvious, I guess) he would overtake :JPN Tatsuro Saito in the OQR, redefining the Olympic quarterfinals design (he would go vs :TJK Rakhimov, leaving Saito the hot seat represented by :AIN (RUS) Inal Tasoev in the quarterfinals, given that the winner of both those pools would likely face each other in the semifinals)

• 2 weeks later...

With the rankings coming to a close next week I wanted to take a look at the tripartite situations. Here's a list of the highest point total from eligible NOCs which are not qualified through the rankings or continental quotas.

:MNE -804

:MLT - 769

:MOZ - 481

:CHA - 294

:NIG - 235

:MON - 234

:COM - 206

:NCA - 201

:LAO - 138

:TOG - 133

:ISL - 128

:KUW - 128

:BHU - 118

:MLI - 110

:RWA - 86

--------Top 15------

:ALB - 84

:IRQ - 64

:SYR - 60

:LBA - 58

:MTN - 54

:MAW - 44

:MKD - 33

:STP - 31

:PLE - 25

:SEY - 19

:AFG - 17 (not sure if they got a tripartite quota or will be given an IOC quota)

:HON - 13

:KIR - 10

:CAM - 6

:SMR - 6

:SLE - 6

:YEM - 6

Note, the tripartite committee takes multiple things into account and won't necessarily just take the top 15. Of course, having more points will make it more likely to be granted the quotas, but I've also seen athletes with no points being given a quota.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

With the rankings coming to a close next week I wanted to take a look at the tripartite situations. Here's a list of the highest point total from eligible NOCs which are not qualified through the rankings or continental quotas.

:MNE -804

:MLT - 769

:MOZ - 481

:CHA - 294

:NIG - 235

:MON - 234

:COM - 206

:NCA - 201

:LAO - 138

:TOG - 133

:ISL - 128

:KUW - 128

:BHU - 118

:MLI - 110

:RWA - 86

--------Top 15------

:ALB - 84

:IRQ - 64

:SYR - 60

:LBA - 58

:MTN - 54

:MAW - 44

:MKD - 33

:STP - 31

:PLE - 25

:SEY - 19

:AFG - 17 (not sure if they got a tripartite quota or will be given an IOC quota)

:HON - 13

:KIR - 10

:CAM - 6

:SMR - 6

:SLE - 6

:YEM - 6

Note, the tripartite committee takes multiple things into account and won't necessarily just take the top 15. Of course, having more points will make it more likely to be granted the quotas, but I've also seen athletes with no points being given a quota.

Kiribati will qualify via continental quota 

19 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

They're not currently listed according to IJF, but I imagine things might slightly change between now and when the ranking close.

The issue is they have two athletes, one female and one male, with same points. IJF will have to decide who gets the quota. That decision will impact the last reallocation as well : Puljiz (CRO) oder Veg (HUN)

18 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

The issue is they have two athletes, one female and one male, with same points. IJF will have to decide who gets the quota. That decision will impact the last reallocation as well : Puljiz (CRO) oder Veg (HUN)

Interesting situation and it looks like neither judoka will participate this week.

I imagine the IJF will let Kiribati decide who to take and allocate the other quota after.

Today the (second-to-)last quota was decided

:KSATahani ALQAHTANI made a trip to Lima, but she lost the only match (2 judoka draw), apparently by shidos, and have not earned any points. So...

:NEPManita Shrestha Pradhan gets the second-to-last continental quota. She was supposed to go to Lima as well, but withdrew. Now, Kiribati will decide the last one.

Also in Lima, Saito won (against 2 Peruvians and one of them again in the final) and got back the #6, forcing Riner to fight Tasoev in QF