website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I find the limiting of universality quotas to a few events sad. Some countries best athletes don't compete in them. I also don't support removing quota places from events to accommodate them 

I agree. Most events wouldn't even need to remove quota places to accommodate them. The field and long distance events are fine, just tack on the extra athletes. The issue would be the 200m and 400m where lanes become a problem. The solution would be to follow the 800m and have a max of 3 universality athletes per event compete.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Will they reduce the number of wild cards in 100m from the 56 quotas in this event ? or they will be added to this number ? 

sorry if this had been answered before. hard to check 94 pages.

They will add on those athletes.

They made a mistake in the women's 20km walk ranking. They have Christina Papadopoulou's top result being 1125 points from a 10km walk, but last weekend she got 1135 results score from a 5km walk, but when you add the placing score I believe that makes it 1165. This is her highest score but was somehow not included in her ranking?

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Anyone know of injuries/withdrawals in the men's hammer throw, men's 20km walk, women's high jump, women's 20km walk? :mumble:

Also men's triple jump? Tsiamis is 3 out. I remember for Tokyo I think he was 1-2 out originally and ended up getting in.