website statistics

Skeleton 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

On 11/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, thiago_simoes said:

I'm starting to notice people are getting more and more excited about the Brazilian athlete here in Brazil, and I've even read somewhere people saying she has enough potential to finish in the top 8 at the Olympics, thus surpassing our historical best result -- a ninth place completely out of luck in snowboard cross in 2006. 

It's sad that we kept hoping that Isabel Clark would improve her results in the next editions, when clearly that 9th place was a once in a lifetime thing.

• 5 weeks later...

This is a most curious thing. American athlete :USA Leah Fair is a pretty good starter, but her down-times have been "suspect" all week, as John Morgan would say.

Seriously though, she is half a second faster at start than :MLT Galea and :VIE Nguyen, and yet her runs are up to one second slower. Is she hitting every wall on course, sliding backwards, or what? :wacko:

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/502149

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I get the feeling we will see a lot of COVID withdrawals during the Games.

On the plus side... it looks like Katie Tannenbaum :ISV is in qualification position? Because I doubt Sweden will send Leslie Stratton, and the French athlete isn't meeting her federation's internal criteria.

11 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I get the feeling we will see a lot of COVID withdrawals during the Games.

On the plus side... it looks like Katie Tannenbaum :ISV is in qualification position? Because I doubt Sweden will send Leslie Stratton, and the French athlete isn't meeting her federation's internal criteria.

I wouldn't be too sure... Swedish NOC seems to be rather open minded for debutantes in new sports for them.

#banbestmen