website statistics
World Beach Games 2019
Posted

No daily schedule tonight, I’m too tired. I’ll be lucky to make it through the Aquathlon this morning.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020
Posted
Just now, intoronto said:

It looks :QAT will compete, in hockey, of all sports!

https://qatarspc.qa/en/news-1320.html

Any nation wanted to field a hockey player for the mixed 3x3 tournament is essentially allowed to. Qualification happens at the national level and one player from each country is accepted. It’s the dumbest event of all time. Luckily, the rest of the games are pretty legit in terms of qualification and events. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

World Beach Games 2019
Posted
Just now, MHSN said:

They failed to qualify for the World Cup (after winning the bronze last time) so this is their only chance to salvage some pride. they still have to beat Paraguay to advance. no easy at all.

and about the website. that's OK. not great but I had seen worst.  I hope they publish results book at the end of the competition

They won’t. At least they didn’t publish any for the African Beach Games and it was the exact same system. They even had a similar looking, with very similar looking graphics :mumble:. Bornan needs to add a little variation. They are new to the game, so they get a pass.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Also @MHSN, what do you make of Bornan’s results system. I really like, but the PDFs aren’t the best.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted (edited)
Just now, MHSN said:

You almost jinxed them :d

what a crazy match, the best beach soccer match I ever seen. :bowdown:

Iran’s team is crazy good. I’ll be gutted if they don’t win a medal. I hope for the best for your boys.

Edited by Olympian1010

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Holy shit, what a match! :IRI v. :SEN :bowdown:. Iran and Senegal scored goal, after goal. There were 4 goals in the final 1:45 of game. It came down to penalties and :IRI proved me right. They are a force to be reckoned with. I’m sad for :SEN though :(. They had a real medal chance too, but now that’s gone because Iran only has to beat :PAR to advance. 

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

@MHSN Iran just scored two of the best goals in the entire beach soccer tournament. I could watch them in slow mo forger. Iran will have a big, big chance at a medal.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted
Just now, MHSN said:

medal for Iran in Kata !! :yikes: I know this is not the highest level of the competition but still there are lots of big names in this competition. even though based on the scores, it seems Fatemeh Sadeghi was a bit lucky but still good for her.

maybe one day this event becomes prestigious and she can say I'm the first ever medalist for Iran in the World Beach Games history :d

I saw her perform twice and I was very impressed. Even if these games aren’t the biggest deal, it’s still a medal in a world class competition. 

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Double gold for España :ESP in Karate. A dominant performance for the get go. Great stuff. You guys produce some good karatekas @Jur

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Can’t say for sure, but it looks like one of the :UGA 3x3 players tore his ACL

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

What’s sad about the streaming situation is that every event is being streamed, but that only a select few are being made internationally available. Hopefully the ANOC or Olympic Channel publish some replays eventually.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

For those interested, Karate finals are about to begin on the Olympic Channel.

CISM Military World Games 2019
Posted

I’m not sure China will have a livestream, at least internationally. I haven’t seen anything to suggest one at least.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

And they’re not broadcasting the Karate finals that just started...

CISM Military World Games 2019
Posted
5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

5 Days to Go

I really  love the Military, Naval and Aeronautical Pentathlon 

I never seen it before, but I’m excited too. Hopefully it’s broadcast.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted
Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

But Vanuatu has both matches scheduled in Fields :p:lol:Rather than Main Court 

Ah I see...well I be on the lookout for something for you. I’ll tell you in a few hours if I come across something.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Time for my 5 hours of allotted sleep before the afternoon and evening sessions. Medals in Karate will be decided at around 15:30 - 16:30 local time.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted (edited)
Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

The only thing I wanted to watch today -

:VAN Vanuatu women's 4*4  Beach Volleyball team playing  won't be broadcasted :(

Check Alkass. They are showing Beach Volley later in the day. Streams are available internationally. Volleyball should be on one of the channels starting at 16:00 local time.

Edited by Olympian1010

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Gold for Brazil :BRA!!! @thiago_simoes @vinipereira . Great swim from her. She lead the entire 5km I’m pretty sure. She only came under pressure around the 4km mark, but then she pulled away again.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

And the first gold medal goes too...Italia :ITA!!! @Gianlu33 @phelps . Italy becomes the first country to ever win a ANOC World Beach Games medal.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

Finishing board is down, final sprint is on in the men’s race.

World Beach Games 2019
Posted

:BRA leading the women onto the final lap. Came through at around 45 minutes