website statistics

Marchand might actually try to win 4 golds here, not sure if he will be able to handle the same load next year. He seems safe in the 400 IM, but it looks a lot closer in his other 3 events, he might want "focus" at his home olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023
Posted · Deleted by Sindo on 07/26/2023 - will be permanently removed on 07/25/2025
Deleted by Sindo on 07/26/2023 - will be permanently removed on 07/25/2025
6 minutes ago, dodge said:

I got confirmation on who has more fun at least :d

Good for you. A dog chasing its own tail probably has more fun than you do. Conclusion?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Posted · Deleted by Sindo on 07/26/2023 - will be permanently removed on 07/25/2025
4 minutes ago, Josh said:

You must be fun at parties...

Obviously i don't attend parties. Too many people like you, wouldn't be a good fit. Better for both sides.

10 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Not forgetting their quality contributions made in the diving thread :lol:

I am sorry that not everyone can be as productive as you. I still remember all your quality contributions ...

If you would start contributing something instead of only talking about other people i might actually remember who you are in the future, but i guess your mental abilities don't allow you to contribute anything.

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Good thing Heilman didn't win. Wouldn't want to see the German tabloids headlining 'Sieg Heilman!' :p 

1) His name is Heilmann.

2) There is also a german politician with the same name.

3) I doubt that german media would care enough.

4) Very cheap and rather embarrassing shot. I guess those jokes won't even stop when Germany has taken in a billion refugees from third world countries.

Insane that Heilmann and Kharun tied! Those two + Chmielewski could be very dangerous for a long time. Milak almost looks like a grandpa compared to them ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

8 minutes ago, Matteo92 said:

As far as swimming is concerned, Italy's WCs are turning into a complete disaster. With the exception of Quadarella, basically everyone is performing way, way below his 2022 standards. Today has been outright atrocious, starting with this morning's heats.

Good point (I guess you weren't talking exclusively about men?). Pilato, Miressi, Galossi, Paltrinieri, Martinenghi, even Ceccon. Maybe you could also add Razzetti and Burdisso.

Italy so far with only 5 individual finals in olympic disiplines, less than Germany. Italy could end up with less than 10 individual finals in olympic events. Even 2 years ago it seemed unthinkable, but France is clearly outperforming Italy (and might be the european number 1 right now).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Posted (edited) · Deleted by Sindo on 07/26/2023 - will be permanently removed on 07/25/2025
5 minutes ago, dodge said:

Looks like I have more fun that you so. 

Depends on what "more fun that you so" means?

I hear that people also have more fun when they are drunk (dumbed down) ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Are you gonna start arguing with everyone again? You did this in the FIBA World Cup thread too...

1) It is none of your business, your parents should have taught you so. Obviously they failed.

2) I argued with one person in an other thread. You seem to have trouble with counting/perception if "one person" and "everyone" is the same for you.

3) Why again are you here if you have trouble with people arguing? I guess you would prefer it if everyone would just write something and noone would be allowed to reply/contradict?

2 minutes ago, dodge said:

fun = an enjoyable race to watch.

I'm not sure what other meaning it could have

For me races are more enjoyable when they are close, but i guess you have a different and unique definition.

The level has exploded in most disciplines. Interesting when we also take the explosion of performances in running and cycling (Pogacar, Wingegaard) into account. Obviously there are new drugs on the market. Hopefully Germany will catch up soon.

3 minutes ago, dodge said:

and a European record for :IRL Wiffen in 4th. The 1,500m should be fun now too

Not sure what you mean with fun, but Finke still looks like the clear favorite.

Interesting to see that France might have the 4th most individual finals in olympic disciplines, only behind USA, Australia and China, but ahead of GB, Canada, Japan and Italy. Not too long ago their swimming program was completely dead. Sending Marchand to Bowman and naturalizing Kirpichnikov of course helped.

Edited by OlympicsFan

7 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

They still have a good chance in the men's 800/1500m freestyle

Very impressive performance by them so far, return to the golden age of Michelle Smith. After 50 % of the individual olympic disciplines they have 2 finals, as many as Turkey, South Africa and Spain combined. Only 1 less than Brazil/Netherlands/South Korea/Hungary and half as many as GB/Japan. With a little bit more luck they could have won as many individual medals as GB.

Edited by OlympicsFan

19 minutes ago, phelps said:

I see another Paltrinieri move like in Tokyo (and in Budapest 1500m) coming...they should be ready to a fast start and then a good pursuit...:rolleyes:

lane 1 is kinda inspiring :lol:

Absolutely don't think that he has the speed, but we will see. I think Short, Finke and maybe Hafanoui could go 7:36.

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, they already have another one in 2027

Didn't actually know that. I thought that i had read recently that the next 2 world championships will be in Asia as well (so good for Australia and China).

Edited by OlympicsFan