website statistics
Athletics WA World Championships 2023
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

World Athletics put out a statement that said those reports are inaccurate. They are still waiting for a decision.

I figured as much when there was no statement from a more official source like AIU, World Athletics or even Amusan. It seemed like the Nigerian press were confusing her being on the entry list with her being cleared to compete.

Edited by dullard

Athletics WA World Championships 2023
Posted

Anyone know why USA has five entries in the men's 200? Should be three plus a wildcard for Lyles no?

3007 Noah LYLES                                    USA             18 Jul 97       19.31           19.47                             1
3003 Erriyon KNIGHTON                              USA            29 Jan 04        19.49           19.72                             2
2969 Kenneth BEDNAREK                              USA             14 Oct 98       19.68           19.82                          12
3006 Courtney LINDSEY                              USA            18 Nov 98        19.85           19.85                          16
2998 Fred KERLEY                                   USA             7 May 95        19.76           19.86                          14

Athletics WA Diamond League 2023
Posted
8 minutes ago, Josh said:

She could win Olympic gold if Sydney decided to race the 400m at Paris 2024.  And with her already as one of the fastest all-time performers, it's looking increasingly likely. 

Isn't McLaughlin planning to double in Paris?

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread
Posted

Jamaican men's 4x1 is looking like it'll be a force again this year after three athletes went sub 10 for the first time in the heats of the Jamaican trials.

9.91 Kishane Thompson 

9.94 Kadrian Goldson

9.98 Rohan Watson

Other athletes that have been sub 10 already this year

9.99 Bouwahjgie NKRUMIE

9.95 Oblique SEVILLE (best 9.86)

9.89 Ackeem BLAKE

Athletics WA Diamond League 2023
Posted (edited)

Just finished watching a replay. WHAT A MEET!! :hyper: Hodgkinson is looked amazing (Mu must be shook!) Kipyegon looking unbeatable across 1500-5000 and anything between. Hassan to do the 10k/Marathon double at worlds?

Is there a video of the two mile world record anywhere?

Edit: Nevermind I got it.

Edited by dullard

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I mean 2023 Worlds in Budapest. Is there a single ranking of relay teams during the qualification period or do you have to compile one yourself based on the 2022 and 2023 top lists?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realise relays are in the road to Budapest rankings.

Edited by dullard