website statistics
Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019
Posted
Just now, hckosice said:

If IAAF allowed other countries to co-host the race walking events/marathons in a separate tournament everything would be fine, there were some countres wanting to do it

Fair, but they may lose some prestige...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, George_D said:

These happen when money in no1 factor for host selection.. 

Yes, but when less and less countries are willing to host events, this is what we get. No offense, but Greece currently can’t host any event of this standard...

Same goes for a lot of Europe and the West because it’s become unpopular to host such things

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, hckosice said:

All in all, this was a big fail from IAAF

3 AM local time. this is insane

One could argue that the best walker in the world will win though, or at the most versatile.

Posted
Just now, Jur said:

TOP10 in marathon was qualifiyed, but I don't know if today also in race walking qualifies too.....

No, I looked it up. No one qualifies here

Posted
Just now, Jur said:

A TOP10 here is Olympic Qualification?

I would assume so since the marathon was, but I’m not certain...

Posted

I couldn’t watch it anymore. Too much athletics for me today. I hope y’all enjoy the rest of the race. Maybe I’ll come back around the finish...

Posted
Just now, dcro said:

So it's not a publicity stunt? I want my money back. :nopompom:

You don’t remember the no refund clause you signed when you signed up for Totallympics?

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, Suzuki's aren't known for top speed at the end. You want a Ducati for that.

But Subaru, Toyota, and Honda are known for their durability :evil:

Posted

So some stats for y’all:

• 7 women raced the 50km in 2017 (due to late announcement it had been added to the program)
  • 23 women stated the race today, including the defending champion from :POR
  • 24 women were supposed to start, but :FIN did not start
  • The qualification standard for the women was 4:30.00, so get comfortable
  • 46 men started the race today
  • Both the defending champion and Olympic champion are in the men’s race

Posted
Just now, bestmen said:

F.... they will walk until tomorrow  :lol:

Yes because they will actually start today and finish tomorrow :p

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Tried it, didn't work. I'm trying BBC with UK via Hola now

Try Czech TV too if that doesn’t work