website statistics
The impossible World Records
Posted

I´d simply put a time limit on world records.

They stand for say 20 years(or some other remotely reasonable time limit)and then they get erased so the race for setting WRs can start again.

A 20 year time limit would erase most of the dreadful so called world records.As a Swede I am particulary annoyed that the legendary Carolina Kluft never had a chance to set the official world record.

Everyone knows what really went on in the 80´s and 90´s.It has continued into the 2000´s(I wont Farah name names Bolt)..but the most awful one´s is from the 80`s in particular.

A time limit would erase Kratochvilova and Koch and others to the scrapyard of history,where they belong.

The impossible World Records
Posted

As title says,what to do regarding names like Florence Griffith Joyner,Jackie Joyner Kersee,Jarmila Kratochvilova,Marita Koch and so on?

Everyone that can put one and one together realises the non value in those so called World Records.

Are mankind going to die out before those are erased?

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted

WR jump was Duplantis sixth jump in the competition.

More time to recoup in an olympic event,so I do not see the lenght as a big problem since Armand will start late(or perhaps having one warm up jump at say 5,60 and then jump again at say 5,80).

Problem is that gold medal height won´t recuire WR height.Winning the gold medal is nowadays normally enough for the athlete to stop the competition.

That DuPlantis will jump higher than 6,17 is very likely though..if it happens at the Olympic games is I agree debatable.

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted

It is worth noticing that there is only one world record in pole vaults nowadays.It doesn´t matter if the record height is cleared outdoors or indoors.

Renaud Lavillenie had the previous WR.Now it is all Armand DuPlantis.

Highest jump outdoors is 6,14 by Sergei Bubka.

I definetly thinks that DuPlantis could clear 6,20 at Tokyo olympics providing the weather is decent.

Sam Kendricks broke the american indoor record the same day when DuPlantis cleared 6,17.

Kendricks managed 6,01