Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Women's Curling Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Quasit    59
1 hour ago, dcro said:

And of course they don't. That's enough of curling for me, this is just getting depressing...

Denmark wins after a fabulous shot by Dupont. :d

• Like 1

dcro    1,017

I joined back after seeing Denmark came back to 3:3...

Geez, that was absolutely amazing final shot for Dupont. :bowdown:

And the reaction from the Danish coach. :lol:

9RvwW2WRSoGmpGag94UQ_w.png

• Like 1

phelps    118

just a bunch of idiots! Gaspari & co. are just a bunch of idiots...

they didn't get a single decision right in the last 3+1 ends and, moreover, they also made a lot of throwing mistakes...frankly, I don't know how such a team even got to this point...

they did clearly show that they don't belong to this level of play and didn't deserve to win...

but, despite that, I still have to understand what happened in the last shot of the 8th end (or, better, why Denmark got the benefit of the call after that very long dispute)...that was definitely the turning point of the entire match...

p.s. the last shot by Dupont wasn't that "amazing"...it was just a lucky ending for a missed shot (Danish "3rd" placing before the shot and their coach's facial expression after it says it all)...;)

• Like 1

dcro    1,017
17 minutes ago, phelps said:

but, despite that, I still have to understand what happened in the last shot of the 8th end (or, better, why Denmark got the benefit of the call after that very long dispute)...that was definitely the turning point of the entire match...

Italians touched their stone with a broom. Simple as that. Doesn't matter when they touched it, as long as it was after the first hog line. Camera shows it and Italians admitted it themselves.

How is lucky not amazing? Though, that really was a perfect precision.

Edited by dcro

phelps    118
9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Italians touched their stone with a broom. Simple as that. Doesn't matter when they touched it, as long as it was after the first hog line. Camera shows it and Italians admitted it themselves.

if that's the only point, it's all clear and simple...so, still I don't understand all the rest of the following dispute, though...:mumble:

however, Italy still had the game in their hands even after that silly and unforgivable mistake...and they did throw the Olympic qualification away also in the 9th and once again in the 10th...

I'm so angry about their decision-making...:wall:

Dunadan    39
15 minutes ago, phelps said:

if that's the only point, it's all clear and simple...so, still I don't understand all the rest of the following dispute, though...:mumble:

If I understand correctly, the rules say that the Danish team could: a) remove the Italian stone or b) "place  all  stones  where  it  reasonably  considers  the  stones  would have  come  to  rest  had  the  moving  stone  not  been  touched".

So in my opinion the Italians wanted them to "play fair" and choose option b. 

But of course no one cares about fair play.

phelps    118
4 hours ago, Dunadan said:

If I understand correctly, the rules say that the Danish team could: a) remove the Italian stone or b) "place  all  stones  where  it  reasonably  considers  the  stones  would have  come  to  rest  had  the  moving  stone  not  been  touched".

So in my opinion the Italians wanted them to "play fair" and choose option b. 

But of course no one cares about fair play.

OK...but if that's up to DEN to decide, it's not lack of fair play choosing the most favorable option...

it's just an unforgivable Italian mistake, which they paid the highest prize for...

then we can talk about the rules, which should be different (it was clear that no stone was influenced by that minimal super-light and not intentional touch, so in this case DEN shouldn't have been allowed to opt for such a big turnaround of the real facts)...

but until the rules say that, the players have full right to take advantage of them...any further complaint is totally out of order...

Nate River    16
38 minutes ago, phelps said:

OK...but if that's up to DEN to decide, it's not lack of fair play choosing the most favorable option...

it's just an unforgivable Italian mistake, which they paid the highest prize for...

then we can talk about the rules, which should be different (it was clear that no stone was influenced by that minimal super-light and not intentional touch, so in this case DEN shouldn't have been allowed to opt for such a big turnaround of the real facts)...

but until the rules say that, the players have full right to take advantage of them...any further complaint is totally out of order...

The way the rules are written curling is very punishing of burned stones and hog line violations. I honestly kind of like it that way, because since the rules are so harsh players are very good at avoiding those situations and they very, very rarely come up.

It's very unfortunate it influenced Olympic qualification, but at that level you should just not be burning a stone.

Agger    140
30 minutes ago, phelps said:

For me it makes perfectly good sense that a touch is all it takes. Then it shouldn't be necessary to start discussing whether it had any effect or not.

Nate River    16

BIt disapointed with the result, Carey could have won had she not given ateals in the first two hands, but Homan and company are a safe pair of hands and they should do well in the Olympics.