Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

Doping Cases and Bans Thread

1,149 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2017 at 00:04, MHSN said:

well we heard about that few months ago, about both him and Fedoryshin and UWW didn't deny that. (they denied rumors about Togrul Asgarov which means they deny false rumors)

and to be honest we knew this for a long time. he was my favorite non-Iranian wrestler but still we knew he is up to something, this is not a good day for wrestling fans :(

I wonder if they already tested his 2012 sample and it's negative or that's for the future.

i don't follow wrestling that closely, just was surprised as he is big name

Meanwhile, the International Canoe Federation announced that Tarnovschi was found guilty, and disqualified for 4 years. Tarnovshi's bronze Olympic medal will be stripped and passed on Ilia Shtokalov, a Russian athlete who came in 4th in the C1 1000m race in Rio Olympics 2016.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

this is the list of UWW sanctioned athletes

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/media/document/170428_list_of_antidoping_rules_violations_website.pdf

there is a very familiar name at the end of the list ! 2012 Olympic champion and 2016 Olympic bronze medalist Toghrul Asgarov ! he is banned for a year until April 2018.

Didnt UWW categorically deny that he has not failed any dope test. Also, any clarification regarding when exactly did he fail the test and if he will be losing any medals?

6 hours ago, Dolby said:

Didnt UWW categorically deny that he has not failed any dope test. Also, any clarification regarding when exactly did he fail the test and if he will be losing any medals?

Good point, but his ban started from April 2017, out of competition test. So I assume this is a new case, they denied rumors about his 2012 samples last year 

I found some interesting reading in our biggest sport site, Slovak Anti-Doping Agency presented today during a open press conference a report about their past year activity.

In the year 2016 SADA did 508 doping tests of Slovak athletes, the absolute majority of them were out of competition tests, Violations were found In 5 cases, (1 Ice Hockey player and 2 Bodybuilding athletes)  the other 2 are still under investigation (1 in Boxing and 1 in Wrestling).

btw The most tested athlete was..guess who ? yes ofc Peter Sagan (39 TESTS !!! :crazy: ) and we are still talking about only Slovak agency ! The second ranked was Matej Tóth (10 tests). + each our Rio 2016 athlete passed a unexpected out of competition test before the olympics, also the same for all our Football National Team members before the EURO in France.

All article here in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/281068/peter-sagan-bol-najcastejsim-tercom-slovenskej-anitdopingovky/

39 tests is quite a lot, 10 seems like a number that should be considered normal (in most cases sadly it's not, but once a month should definitely be the minimum :p ).

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

39 tests is quite a lot, 10 seems like a number that should be considered normal (in most cases sadly it's not, but once a month should definitely be the minimum :p ).

Yes 39 out-of-competition tests is really far too much.

Well, I´m pretty sure at least both of them were also tested a couple of times by International Federation controlors, so the final count could be considerably higher.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Yes 39 out-of-competition tests is really far too much.

Well, I´m pretty sure at least both of them were also tested a couple of times by International Federation controlors, so the final count could be considerably higher.

Oh well, better 39 times than 5 times in a year :) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor