website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

ISSF has published new rankings for Air events. 

Nam Taeyun of :KOR and Felipe Almeida Wu of :BRA are the top ranked shooters in 10m Air Rifle and 10m Air Pistol Men events respectively and hence should qualify for Tokyo. 

In Women’s Air Rifle, Aneta Stankeiwicz of :POL is the top ranked shooter followed by Jenny Stenne of :NOR. If European quotas are won by Poland and Norway, ranking quota will go to :SLO Urska Kuharic

In Women’s Air Pistol, Viktoria Chaika of :BLR is the top ranked athlete but she has 2 chances to qualify at European championships. Next in line is :MEX Alejandra Zavala Vazquez

50 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think some athletes sure of the quota by ranking will skip the tournament due to safety concerns ,biobubble ,quarantine etc

@Dolby Skeet ranking who gets quota

Official rankings will be released tomorrow but it should be :ARG Federico Gill in Men’s Skeet and :GBR Amber Hill followed by :KAZ Zoya Kravchenko

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Official rankings will be released tomorrow but it should be :ARG Federico Gill in Men’s Skeet and :GBR Amber Hill followed by :KAZ Zoya Kravchenko

Thanks!!, i came here to read something about this.

19 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think some athletes sure of the quota by ranking will skip the tournament due to safety concerns ,biobubble ,quarantine etc

There is a small issue with athletes skipping the European qualifiers. Their teammates may qualify there and then they would be out of Olympics. 

19 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Edited by Dolby

On 21/03/2021 at 18:54, Dolby said:

Women’s Air Pistol, Viktoria Chaika of :BLR is the top ranked athlete but she has 2 chances to qualify at European championships. Next in line is :MEX Alejandra Zavala Vazquez

Both are in Qualifying position if Europen quotas are decided from here

I'm a bit confused about how the ranking works,  ISSF website says they award 1000pts for the gold medal winner and 750 for silver etc

but then when I check the current ranking almost nobody has 1000pts . so this one last event in India has more points to offer than all other previous world cups combined ?

am I right that in most events whoever finishes first here qualifies ? (among eligible shooters)

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm a bit confused about how the ranking works,  ISSF website says they award 1000pts for the gold medal winner and 750 for silver etc

but then when I check the current ranking almost nobody has 1000pts . so this one last event in India has more points to offer than all other previous world cups combined ?

am I right that in most events whoever finishes first here qualifies ? (among eligible shooters)

I am not very sure but shooters losefraction of points from each event after 1 year so yeah it's the way it is now.