website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

By my calculation these are the 8 that should get the quotas

:BLR:CHN:NZL:JPN:RUS:POR:POR:UKR 

I don't think the results of the final will change anything.

However, if the two quotas are awarded from the hosts/tripartite before the World Cup, then :NZL would qualify through there first along with :POR , which would open up two quotas through the World Cup for :CAN and :KAZ 

13 hours ago, intoronto said:

@mrv86In your World Cup rankings, did you remove those athletes that had already earned a quota? For ex. Australia's top athlete already qualified through the Oceanian championships, and therefore cannot earn a second spot in the men's event. 

Yes I did remove those already qualified from 2019 World Championships.

Also considered that only 4 NOC's can obtain a second quota trough World Cup.

But as I stated in a previous post, there's a contradiction between the priority of qualification events/criteria.  The second one should be the Continental Champions from the continents that didn't get a quota via the 2019 World Championships (America, Africa & Oceania for men, the last two in women's). However the last paragraph also statesÑ

Qualification places:

The highest placed male and highest placed female athlete, based on the results of the Finals from each Continental Championships 2020 will each qualify one (1) quota place for their NOC, provided the continent has not already an NOC qualified under Criteria 1 (2019 World Championships) or 3 (2019/2020 Trampoline World Cup Series).

Thus, for men AUS & NZL would rather qualify trough World Cup standings than the Oceanian championships.

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Yes I did remove those already qualified from 2019 World Championships.

Also considered that only 4 NOC's can obtain a second quota trough World Cup.

But as I stated in a previous post, there's a contradiction between the priority of qualification events/criteria.  The second one should be the Continental Champions from the continents that didn't get a quota via the 2019 World Championships (America, Africa & Oceania for men, the last two in women's). However the last paragraph also statesÑ

Thus, for men AUS & NZL would rather qualify trough World Cup standings than the Oceanian championships.

Very confusing indeed. I spoke with the Canadian team, they think Jeremy Chartier claimed one of the spots so idk

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Very confusing indeed. I spoke with the Canadian team, they think Jeremy Chartier claimed one of the spots so idk

I don't think so, yet there's more confusion as last night I found this

Article 18 explains how Olympic ranking is calculated. Basically, every gymnast qualified trough 2019 World Champs or Continental Championships should not be awarded points, and the rankings of each specific event should be upgraded accordingly.

So we can expect more confusion in days to follow.

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I don't think so, yet there's more confusion as last night I found this

Article 18 explains how Olympic ranking is calculated. Basically, every gymnast qualified trough 2019 World Champs or Continental Championships should not be awarded points, and the rankings of each specific event should be upgraded accordingly.

So we can expect more confusion in days to follow.

Idk why they make it so complicated lol

13 hours ago, intoronto said:

By my calculation these are the 8 that should get the quotas

:BLR:CHN:NZL:JPN:RUS:POR:POR:UKR 

I don't think the results of the final will change anything.

However, if the two quotas are awarded from the hosts/tripartite before the World Cup, then :NZL would qualify through there first along with :POR , which would open up two quotas through the World Cup for :CAN and :KAZ 

I calculated Canada ahead of Ukraine....this is very confusing, but still not in a qualification spot.