website statistics
Jump to content

BMX Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020


Totallympics
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

:BRA TEAM

 

Men

Renato Rezende

 

Women

Priscilla Stevaux Carnaval

 

Renato has an excellent godfather inside our federation... That's ridiculous

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Why what happened?

Our Cycling federation selected the riders for BMX... and It does not make sense, as @LuizGuilherme said.

 

Anderson is in a much better moment... he had better performances and results than Renato in all WC this year. Moreover, Anderson has a bronze medal from Worlds in 2018 and, if I am not wrong, it would be your first games... Renato has already participated in two, and he did not get good results in any of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Laraja said:

Our Cycling federation selected the riders for BMX... and It does not make sense, as @LuizGuilherme said.

 

Anderson is in a much better moment... he had better performances and results than Renato in all WC this year. Moreover, Anderson has a bronze medal from Worlds in 2018 and, if I am not wrong, it would be your first games... Renato has already participated in two, and he did not get good results in any of them.

We're talking about a federation that has had the same president for decades even though national cycling hasn't budged. We achieved the feat of not classifying anyone in road cycling for the Olympics, not to mention that we have one of the best velodromes in the world and a Brazilian championship has never been hosted there! A shame, and Vasconcellos was re-elected for the thousandth time of these days. I don't expect anything from the Brazilian federation. Lucky for the mountain bike people who have Henrique Avancini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Laraja said:

Our Cycling federation selected the riders for BMX... and It does not make sense, as @LuizGuilherme said.

 

Anderson is in a much better moment... he had better performances and results than Renato in all WC this year. Moreover, Anderson has a bronze medal from Worlds in 2018 and, if I am not wrong, it would be your first games... Renato has already participated in two, and he did not get good results in any of them.

How about results last year? For example in mountainbike, this year's results didn't count as much as last year's results for Brazil, no idea if it's the same in BMX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

How about results last year? For example in mountainbike, this year's results didn't count as much as last year's results for Brazil, no idea if it's the same in BMX.

http://www.cbc.esp.br/noticias/busca/id/10883

 

The criteria in Portuguese... TBH, I don't know if Renato or Anderson fit better this system.... but, imo, the choice of our representant was quite obvious at this moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

http://www.cbc.esp.br/noticias/busca/id/10883

 

The criteria in Portuguese... TBH, I don't know if Renato or Anderson fit better this system.... but, imo, the choice of our representant was quite obvious at this moment.

 

These sound pretty clear and straightforward though, don't they?

 

Quote

- Melhores atletas ranqueados no Ranking Olímpico da UCI ao final do período de classificação, levando em conta 10% de variação de pontos entre esses atletas. Existindo esta margem, será aplicado automaticamente a análise de pesos.


- Análise de pesos: Campeonatos Mundiais e Copas do Mundo receberão peso dois (2), enquanto todas as demais competições terão peso um (1).


- Não estar envolvido em processos disciplinares;


- Não estar envolvido em processos ou notificações de Doping;


- Estar de acordo com o Código de Ética da CBC;


- Estar em total condições físicas e técnicas. Em casos médicos, de saúde e/ou lesões, os mesmos
devem ser passados por avaliação médica ou apresentar laudos médicos.

I'm assuming the displinary, doping and ethical things aren't an issue for either and hopefully the same goes for the last one. Then it's about the first and second one, which seems like a pretty clear points system, or does Anderson end up on top, numerically speaking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...