website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about these guys. Not gonna lie, I still remenber Banesto, Kelme and ONCE as the top teams so I'm kinda behind schedule with all the sponsor changes and which "new" team is actually an "old" team with a new sponsor. @hckosice seems to imply Cofidis had some name changes in the last decade?

Lotto remained a fixture for over 20 years as well but they're gone now, right? Jumbo-Visma is more Rabobank or more Lotto?

Man, I think Cofidis is here since the second half of the 90s after the end of Castorama and never changed the name since.

Lotto is nowadays Soudal, Lotto NLis now Jumbo-Visma which is the former Rabobank they just changed the colors :d

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, @hckosice was talking about a different French team. I can’t remember their current name, but they used to be Direct Energie.

Lotto Soudal is still in the field. 

Astana hasn’t changed names in the last decade either I think. I feel like Movistar has been around for quite a while too.

Astana is a completely new team, they were founded a little over 10 years ago. That's nothing in pro cycling terms.

Isn't like Movistar the former Banesto - of Miguel Indurain and Pedro Delgado fame? You probably weren't born back then yet but I remember these guys or someone like Armand de las Cuevas who also was a Banesto rider IIRC.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Man, I think Cofidis is here since the second half of the 90s after the end of Castorama and never changed the name since.

Lotto is nowadays Soudal, Lotto NLis now Jumbo-Visma which is the former Rabobank they just changed the colors :d

Weren't like Cofidis out of the Grand Tours for a while? So they lost their top UCI license or whatever that's called and I thought they simply disbanded in the mean time :p

Stage 3

Monday - August 31st, 2020

h. 12:10 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice - Sisteron   

198km - Hilly

STAGE CLASSIFICATION

:AUS  Caleb EWAN
5:17:42

:IRL  Sam BENNETT
+0

:ITA  Giacomo NIZZOLO
+0

Complete Standing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

:FRA  Julian ALAPHILIPPE
13:59:17

:GBR  Adam YATES
+4

:SUI  Marc HIRSCHI
+7

POINTS CLASSIFICATION

:SVK  Peter SAGAN

:NOR  Alexander KRISTOFF

:IRL  Sam BENNETT

CLIMBER CLASSIFICATION

:FRA  Benoit COSNEFROY

:AUT  Michael GOGL

:LAT  Toms SKUJINS

YOUTH CLASSIFICATION

:SUI  Marc HIRSCHI
13:59:24

:SLO  Tadej POGACAR
+10

:COL  Egan BERNAL
+10

LAST KILOMETER REPLAY

STAGE HIGHLIGHTS

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Astana is a completely new team, they were founded a little over 10 years ago. That's nothing in pro cycling terms.

Isn't like Movistar the former Banesto - of Miguel Indurain and Pedro Delgado fame? You probably weren't born back then yet but I remember these guys or someone like Armand de las Cuevas who also was a Banesto rider IIRC.

Correct, Movistar is the former Indurain´s Banesto later well known as Caisse D´epargne.

and Astana is the former certain Liberty Seguros dope mark

The talent level right now is pretty crazy in my opinion. It should be very exciting to see Bernal, Higuita, Pogacar, Sivakov and Evenepoel battle it out in the next couple of years.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Weren't like Cofidis out of the Grand Tours for a while? So they lost their top UCI license or whatever that's called and I thought they simply disbanded in the mean time :p

Yes, but since they were annually invited to the Tour de France, almost nobody noticed that. :p

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Cofidis was a Pro-Conti for a looooong time. Was given WC for the Tour almost every year though, but not many other races.

29 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Cofidis was a Pro-Conti for a looooong time. Was given WC for the Tour almost every year though, but not many other races.

@hckosiceThese wild cards can be given to non-Elite teams though?

I believe even CCC was given once a wild card to Giro d'Italia IIRC (that was pre-BMC merger when CCC was still a truly Polish team by the roots) but former Giro winner Tonkov was a member of the team which probably made the whole thing easier.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

@hckosiceThese wild cards can be given to non-Elite teams though?

I believe even CCC was given once a wild card to Giro d'Italia IIRC (that was pre-BMC merger when CCC was still a truly Polish team by the roots) but former Giro winner Tonkov was a member of the team which probably made the whole thing easier.

Yep, it is possible, but highly unlikely.

According the UCI rules they must invite only teams which managed to reach some basic required standards. I don´t know the exact rule and amount of points needed though

but here you can see a special ranking counted from results of the last 3 seasons in battle for Grand Tour invitational battle

36b6ed0_T519LQR7ok1vFpRCzfrK_q4F.JPG

Cofidis was fighting with Wanty Gobert and Direct Energie for the 2 automatic invitations quotas via this ranking. The organizers then have also the right to invite max 2 other teams, the only regulation is that at least 1 of them must be from the home country (they obviously selected both from France lol the Arkea Samsic and Vital Concept, on the next page of the ranking)