website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Let's have little UEFA trivia...

Still no european national team has played all other UEFA members at least once, but the team that is the closest to achieve this is still missing just 2 opponents (total UEFA members: 55, obviously they can't play themselves so it's 54 possible opponents).

What team is it? (clue: this nation has at least 1 active member in this forum)

San Marino?

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Still no european national team has played all other UEFA members at least once, but the team that is the closest to achieve this is still missing just 2 opponents (total UEFA members: 55, obviously they can't play themselves so it's 54 possible opponents).

My guess is :ESP, because the government position is that :GIB is a part of Spain, thus they can’t play “themselves.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

Germany?

2 hours ago, George_D said:

San Marino?

No.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

My guess is :ESP, because the government position is that :GIB is a part of Spain, thus they can’t play “themselves.”

Haha but nope. Spain is missing some others as well. 

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Germany?

Nope.

2 hours ago, maestro said:

I would say it's one of Bulgaria, Denmark, Greece and Turkey. I have a reason to mention these four countries but I can't narrow it down further because I'm not sure this reason is right.

In case this helps: I only count current FIFA/UEFA member associations.

What's the reason?

While you still think about the answer for that I'll give you another one (the last one, I promise): Who is the only UEFA team that has played all 10 Conmebol members at least once? This one should be fairly easy since you can find a reason for the answer without even googling the records of all the teams. 

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

While you still think about the answer for that I'll give you another one (the last one, I promise): Who is the only UEFA team that has played all 10 Conmebol members at least once? This one should be fairly easy since you can find a reason for the answer without even googling the records of all the teams. 

I think Spain

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I think Spain

Correct! they have even played Venezuela despite they have never qualified for the world cup.

Naturally, all national teams tend to organize friendlies with familiar nations (well, at least it used to be like that before money took over). They have also played almost all hispanic central american NTs.