website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

:FRA  :NOR  :MNE  :DEN  :SWE  :NED  will all be there, I would be surprised if one of them messes up the qualification.

:GER  :ESP  should also make it, but Spain is having a rough start here. 

If the 8 listed above all predictably qualify, there will be one more spot for the Europeans. Which would go to Russia under normal circumstances. I don't know... maybe :SLO ? Or :POL ? Or :ROU ? Or us, somehow? :d Who knows which team avoids injuries and be in top form one and a half years from now. 

i hope romania and hungary instead of montenegro

20 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Told ya @CCB, the second SF spot behind :NOR hasn't been decided yet.

:NOR  4 pts

:SWE  2 pts

:DEN  2 pts

:SLO  2 pts

:CRO  2 pts

:HUN  0 pts

Looks kinda interesting, things can get messy if our girls wake up and steal at least one point from Sweden or Denmark. (But yeah, the more likely scenario is that we will lose all three matches)

I really didn't expect this. It proves once again that sport is not a science. I gave nothing more for Denmark's chances after the defeat to Slovenia. Certainly not because they recently lost to the Netherlands twice. Nice that it remains exciting in group I.

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

i hope romania and hungary instead of montenegro

Montenegro is looking very strong right now at home. I wouldn't even be surprised if they win a medal at this ECh, which might even be enough for a direct Olympic qualification if the final is between France and Norway and Norway qualifies to Paris at the WCh. 

34 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Which European nations do you think will go to Paris? i would like to see denmark again at the olympics

Normally  :DEN  :NOR  :SWE  :RUS :FRA 

Probably  :NED  :MNE  :HUN 

And one out of :GER  :ESP  :SLO  :ROU 

But all depends on the draw of next year's world championships and the composition of the OQT's.

Edited by CCB

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Montenegro is looking very strong right now at home. I wouldn't even be surprised if they win a medal at this ECh, which might even be enough for a direct Olympic qualification if the final is between France and Norway and Norway qualifies to Paris at the WCh. 

Correct. Montenegro is playing very strong, especially in front of the home crowd. Germany has also played well in recent months. Spain is really disappointing. Group II is going to be a tough one.

8 minutes ago, CCB said:

Probably  :NED  :MNE 

But all depends on the draw of next year's world championships and the composition of the OQT's.

Hm interesting how no one see us for OQT,s 😅

12 hours ago, CCB said:

Probably  :NED  :MNE  :HUN 

no way :RUS get a single chance...

even if their "individuals" would eventually get it, there's no chance the Russian teams will be present in Paris in 2024 (even if the war ended today, which is more than impossible).

Poor Poland. Spain and Germany of course ended with the result both teams going ahead. And a pretty good match from :NED against :FRA . 

Sadly lost and plenty of room for improvement. On to the game against :GER.