website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Russia again wins out of nowhere?

EDIT: I see he has a medal from Gwangju... Meh, it's impossible to casually follow swimming.

I think back then he medaled in the 200 free ...

Also if there has been any suspicious performance so far, it was the Hungarian girl in the 400 IM improving her PB by ten minutes ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Meh, Detti is in charge and has not prepared the European Championships, but I expected more

Lol ... in charge of what? Bronze at best at the Olympics?

You think all the other guys focused on the European championships instead of the Olympics?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Lol ... in charge of what? Bronze at best at the Olympics?

? Probability i made a wrong translation, but (as all Italian team) they're working for have the best physical condition in Tokyo and not here.

7 minutes ago, hckošice said:

NR for Tomáš klobučník in 100 Breaststroke, half a second behind Tokyo standard, but still the best svk swimming result in the whole 4 years cycle :) If we´ll by any chance receive a traditional wild card in swimming I believe he´ll be the fav to get it

Yes, every nation which competed at Gwangju 2019 is entitled for a single universality spot per gender (if not already qualified).

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I guess our issues are temporally solved in 400m IM, Hosszú is finally showing signs that she might be able to win in Tokyo and Mihályvári had a crazy new PB here, she's our future in this event. 

4 seconds slower than in 2016. would be a great achievement if grandma could win another medal. Also there is a new wonderkid in the 400 IM every year, odds are that she will never again go faster than today.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

4 seconds slower than in 2016. would be a great achievement if grandma could win another medal. Also there is a new wonderkid in the 400 aiM every year, odds are that she will never again go faster than today.

I can't remember a single Hungarian swimmer in IM who showed this kind of promise and then never broke their PB that they set at 17. This kind of career mismanagement is extremely rare for us. 

Really worrying that LEN can’t afford a commentator who is at least remotely competent/fluent in English. Also not sure why Hungary is hosting 99 % of all swimming competitions those last 24 months, considering that supposedly swimming doesn’t matter to their dictator ...

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I can't remember a single Hungarian swimmer in IM who showed this kind of promise and then never broke their PB that they set at 17. This kind of career mismanagement is extremely rare for us. 

In that case you seem to have a problem with your memory? 

Eva Risztov PB at 16

Krisztina Egerszegi PB at 17

Reka Gyorgy PB at 19

Eszter Szabo-Feltothy PB at 17

Just to name a few ...

Also tons of examples on the men’s side (although not at 17, because men are usually about two years later in their development):

Marton Barta PB at 17

Zoltan Drigan PB at 18

Attila Czene PB at 18

Norbert Szabo PB at 17

David Foldhazi PB at 18

Just to name a few ...

Also Szilagyi hasn’t improved since 2014, Kesely hasn’t improved in the 200 free since 2017 (when she was 15) and Zombori also hasn’t improved the last 2 years (just another few examples off the top of my head).