website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Li Dayin bombed out (and looked a bit injured) Lyu Xiaojun failed to break the CJ and Total WRs

1. :CHN 2. :UZB 3. :TKM

I guess Lyu also secured his place in Tokyo. even though nothing is guaranteed. he is 36! :yikes:

We will have a whole picture to make a prediction after Tian Tao's result. But Lyu Xiaojun also seems secure for me.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

We will have a whole picture to make a prediction after Tian Tao's result. But Lyu Xiaojun also seems secure for me.

then I hope Tian disappoints you guys :lol::lol: it's not like I'm afraid of his competition with Moradi/Rostami. the thing is our guys probably need China's non-participation in this weight to even qualify. thanks to "not knowing the rules in advance"

if I was the China's coach I would pick other 4 weights, first because 96kg is more competitive (with that Qatari guy as well) and second Tian himself is quite unpredictable. but of course I'm not in that place to decide :d and I'm quite biased here. Tian looks like a very nice guy though. wish him the best of luck (except on Friday :p)

15 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Color me surprised! I thought it was supposed to be one of the huge hits in Iran, but I was wrong!

Now, about the difference between World Cup and World Championships, I think most international federations are the ones to blame. They should name the events "Grand Prix", "World Tour", "World Series" or anything like that. "World Cup" immediately alludes to a trophy and of course the first thing anyone thinks is that the winner is the best in the world.

the only huge sport in Iran is football and nothing else ! but wrestling has its own group of hardcore fans. and usually have its own media attention throughout the year. but that's not the same for Weightlifting. most people notice this sport exists only during the Olympics or other major events. and unfortunately the sport isn't even developed here. we just have a small group of good weightlifters. it's not even like Taekwondo or Karate with a big community.

btw I think you didn't notice my post here. that's important for Brazil

The great/stupid Kianoush Rostami is going to start with 175+220 ! his start weight is 8kg higher than the total world record :lol:

of course he still has time to decrease the weight but if he doesn't, prepare yourself for another bomb out.

15 minutes ago, MHSN said:

The great/stupid Kianoush Rostami is going to start with 175+220 ! his start weight is 8kg higher than the total world record :lol:

of course he still has time to decrease the weight but if he doesn't, prepare yourself for another bomb out.

After all the drama with the scoreboard at the World Championships, I expect him to always bring excitement to the competitions, but THIS is a little too much. LOL.

Rostami lowered his opening weight to not bomb out this time, made 167kg but failed twice at 176kg . his chance to qualify for the Olympics is lower than ever. now he needs something like 228kg in CJ !

and he still doesn't talk to the coaches ! he does everything himself. what a jerk :thumbdown: even from his reactions he is easily hateable !

it seems everybody had to beg Rostami to lower his CJ attempt and at least win the gold here. he did that but he was very angry/disappointed at the end. he said something in Persian and English to the camera, I didn't understand what the hell he means but he was upset about something :d

this is probably the end of the road for him. that was a STUPID idea to cut weight for 89kg in such a short time. I don't know who told him he can lift 395kg after cutting that amount of weight . that was completely out of his range.

he is/was a great weightlifter, Olympic Champion, World Champion etc. but he deserved to finish low like this. it was all his mistakes. he (alongside Salimi) arranged that "coup" in 2013 to fire our successful coach at the time and that's the main reason why we are in such a bad situation in this sport.

one thing about Rostami , he is a Kurd minority, and he always plays that card, "you don't like me because I'm Kurd" what the hell. he was popular until he ruined it himself.

On 22/04/2021 at 00:28, MHSN said:

then I hope Tian disappoints you guys :lol::lol: it's not like I'm afraid of his competition with Moradi/Rostami. the thing is our guys probably need China's non-participation in this weight to even qualify. thanks to "not knowing the rules in advance"

if I was the China's coach I would pick other 4 weights, first because 96kg is more competitive (with that Qatari guy as well) and second Tian himself is quite unpredictable. but of course I'm not in that place to decide :d and I'm quite biased here. Tian looks like a very nice guy though. wish him the best of luck (except on Friday :p)

Tian did disappoint us. Good luck to Iran.