website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2015 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Werloc

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Oh no :lol: You did say Slovak cross-country was going downhill... total embodiment of that...

Don't worry we're not doing so great either, I think we will be lucky to qualify both relay teams for the Olympics

I am sure you will have both relays in PyeongChang, the mens one is almost sure, and about the womens with the return of Smutná and a better shape of Nováková (certainly she will improve her form during the season) shouldn´t be a problem to qualify. just pity for Vrabcová-Nyvltová I heard somewhere that she is thinking to never return to skiing...but as I said, I assume :CZE will have both relays.

:SVK no chance for that, we even haven´t more than 2 mens or 2 womens with achieved eligible standards for higher rated races. Mlynár and Procházková will be probably our only athletes in PyeongChang, maybe Alena will open the door for one another girl, but it will be very hard

13 hours ago, hckosice said:

I am sure you will have both relays in PyeongChang, the mens one is almost sure, and about the womens with the return of Smutná and a better shape of Nováková (certainly she will improve her form during the season) shouldn´t be a problem to qualify. just pity for Vrabcová-Nyvltová I heard somewhere that she is thinking to never return to skiing...but as I said, I assume :CZE will have both relays.

:SVK no chance for that, we even haven´t more than 2 mens or 2 womens with achieved eligible standards for higher rated races. Mlynár and Procházková will be probably our only athletes in PyeongChang, maybe Alena will open the door for one another girl, but it will be very hard

I think Vrabcova is going to return at some point, she did say that the Olympics 'might' be a motive for her to put the skis back on, so to speak. I certainly hope so, although I doubt she would be able to repeat the 5th place from Sochi with the lack of training.

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Just watching the start list for tomorrows World Cup race in Davos and I notice Barbara Jezersek is competing for Australia :mumble:https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=CC&competitorid=215895&type=result

Apparently she spent time as a ski instructor in Australia, then decided to stay there and build a life there and since 1-2 months she can represent Australia :p

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/news/jezer-ek-receives-citizenship-and-looks-towards-pyeongchang

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently she spent time as a ski instructor in Australia, then decided to stay there and build a life there and since 1-2 months she can represent Australia :p

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/news/jezer-ek-receives-citizenship-and-looks-towards-pyeongchang

interesting, I´m surprised by that, the conditions and winter sports helps are surely much better in SLO. but well, nice for Australia, she may be a serious contender to achieve the best Australian Cross-Country skiing result ever :d