website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

50 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

It's been our problem for years in israel, this whole "just not bibi" ideology. It led to this horrible situation of an election after election, with over a year now without any form of government (thanks to liberman)

Well you are absolutely right And no one here even remotely wanted this 3rd election ?

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

i fear it will not be over after the 3rd one

your fears are most likely become the truth not much has change after the last elections... and again no one really want this 3rd or even 4th elections and i know some people would have preferd to change the system of elections rather than go therough it ones more it always between PM Netanyahu and Gantz most of the voters in both sides also would have prefferd that they both will sit together in the coallition and it was close this time... maybe now it will happen

Just now, Dnl said:

your fears are most likely become the truth not much has change after the last elections... and again no one really want this 3rd or even 4th elections and i know some people would have preferd to change the system of elections rather than go therough it ones more it always between PM Netanyahu and Gantz most of the voters in both sides also would have prefferd that they both will sit together in the coallition and it was close this time... maybe now it will happen

No chance due to the whole trial that is looming above bibi's head

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

No chance due to the whole trial that is looming above bibi's head

I just hope that after this elections we will have a proper govermment ,there are good pepole who want to do and change for the good in both LIKUD and BLUE AND WHITE that why they the main parties here and again i hope they will find somthing that will work out

5 minutes ago, Dnl said:

I just hope that after this elections we will have a proper govermment ,there are good pepole who want to do and change for the good in both LIKUD and BLUE AND WHITE that why they the main parties here and again i hope they will find somthing that will work out

Like always everything is in liberman's hands , and well..... everything is a mess due to that, he wont sit with arabs from one side, or the religious from the other. They should do what they did few times with different elections to PM and to the parties. so people can select the PM directly and he will have to work with whatever size his party have in the knesset, like they do here

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Like always everything is in liberman's hands , and well..... everything is a mess due to that, he wont sit with arabs from one side, or the religious from the other. They should do what they did few times with different elections to PM and to the parties. so people can select the PM directly and he will have to work with whatever size his party have in the knesset, like they do here

i think it will be the best option in these days doing now what we did before will cause the same results

WAPO put out this helpful policy quiz, to better help voters align with a candidate: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/quiz-which-candidate-agrees-with-me

I was a bit surprised by my results. My top 3 were: Warren 15/20, Sanders 11/20, Steyer 11/20. I expected Warren to in the top 3, but I fully expected Bernie to be number one. Quite honestly, Bernie is some where 2-4 in polices we agree on. I think Warren could actually be closer to 16/20, while Steyer could be 13/20, and Sanders 12/20. My top 5 were Warren, Sanders, Steyer, Yang, Buttigieg.

I was more progressive than any of the candidates on offer, which probably isn’t a shock to anyone. There was also cases where I didn’t think any of answers were good ones. I believe in instituting as many progressive policies as possible, but I also believe in trying them out in moderation. I agree and acknowledge that there are progressive policies that won’t work, and we should absolutely avoid those policies once we discover that. However, we can’t do that without first trying them.

If Warren is competition by Super Tuesday, I’ll vote for her. If not, I’ll vote for Sanders, but explore Buttigieg as an option before I do. Though I agree with Steyer, I will not vote for him.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’ll never understand this US’s fear of non-moderate Presidents. WaPo didn’t go batshit crazy when Bush won a second term, yet Bernie possibly leading race means shit is hitting the fan to them :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela