website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

45 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

38% of affluence in algerian election. What disaster, what poor democracy!  :facepalm::cry:

We in Poland are barely better with 39% of voter turnout in 2015...

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

57 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

We in Poland are barely better with 39% of voter turnout in 2015...

Its so big the discredit of the political class in Poland?, or it was for a particular situation?

15 hours ago, konig said:

Its so big the discredit of the political class in Poland?, or it was for a particular situation?

Here in Poland politicians are possbly the most hated group, people don't trust them and the turnout is always very low :(

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

• 2 weeks later...

VERY important election in Iran tomorrow. I think only 2009 election had the same importance. with Khameneyi being old and sick he may not last another 4 years which gives more importance to this election.

The atmosphere is also very similar to 2009 (not as passionate though, that was something unique which will never repeat) very polarized , now it's officially a two way race and won't go to the second round. I just hope the outcome won't be the same as 2009, that was one of the worst days of country's history.

Rouhani is weaker now since he couldn't deliver all he promised 4 years ago but if Raeisi wins then God bless our country :( the way all hardliners/extremists put their support behind him makes me worry, he was relatively unknown 5 months ago.

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

VERY important election in Iran tomorrow. I think only 2009 election had the same importance. with Khameneyi being old and sick he may not last another 4 years which gives more importance to this election.

The atmosphere is also very similar to 2009 (not as passionate though, that was something unique which will never repeat) very polarized , now it's officially a two way race and won't go to the second round. I just hope the outcome won't be the same as 2009, that was one of the worst days of country's history.

Rouhani is weaker now since he couldn't deliver all he promised 4 years ago but if Raeisi wins then God bless our country :( the way all hardliners/extremists put their support behind him makes me worry, he was relatively unknown 5 months ago.

I hope that Rouhani will win. I don't like Raisi, he was too close Sayyid Ali Khamenei's policy. Both are pro USA and have an open foreign policy (well, Raisi want close all relationships whit Israel) and they have two very different economical plan, but i don't like neither. Good luck Iran, tomorrow you will write your history! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

I hope that Rouhani will win. I don't like Raisi, he was too close Sayyid Ali Khamenei's policy. Both are pro USA and have an open foreign policy (well, Raisi want close all relationships whit Israel) and they have two very different economical plan, but i don't like neither. Good luck Iran, tomorrow you will write your history! :thumbup:

well I don't know much about what non-Iranian media say or believe about the candidates but Raeisi is a new version of Ahmadinejad, less stupid but more brutal. and he is not interested in open foreign policy, all extremists support him and we "in Iran" know how they want to deal with the world. he may say nice things during the candidacy but that's just populism. he is a judge and was involved in mass execution of political prisoners 30 years ago and he never said he is sorry or something about that.

just one thing to know Raeisi better, he is from Mashhad, a big religious city in northeast of Iran. he and his father in law run the city. actually they own the city and because of their view, no concert is allowed in that specific city !! :facepalm:

there are rumors that Raeisi is a candidate to become the next leader after Khameneyi. if he wins the election and Khameneyi dies during his presidency he most probably will become the next leader and that will be disastrous. but if he loses he will lose that opportunity as well and will go back to his cave forever.

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well I don't know much about what non-Iranian media say or believe about the candidates but Raeisi is a new version of Ahmadinejad, less stupid but more brutal. and he is not interested in open foreign policy, all extremists support him and we "in Iran" know how they want to deal with the world. he may say nice things during the candidacy but that's just populism. he is a judge and was involved in mass execution of political prisoners 30 years ago and he never said he is sorry or something about that.

just one thing to know Raeisi better, he is from Mashhad, a big religious city in northeast of Iran. he and his father in law run the city. actually they own the city and because of their view, no concert is allowed in that specific city !! :facepalm:

there are rumors that Raeisi is a candidate to become the next leader after Khameneyi. if he wins the election and Khameneyi dies during his presidency he most probably will become the next leader and that will be disastrous. but if he loses he will lose that opportunity as well and will go back to his cave forever.

are all candidates always also clergy?

Just now, DaniSRB said:

are all candidates always also clergy?

no, actually the other 4 approved candidates weren't "clergy", 3 of them withdrew (to support either Rouhani ro Raeisi) and the last one said himself he will vote for Rouhani ! :p just for info he is a former IOC member. :d

and Mahmoud "the disaster" Ahmadinejad wasn't a clergy