website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

14 godzin temu, heywoodu napisał:

You want to know about what happened last night? :p 

There were some protests and a little bit of riots in Rotterdam at the Turkish consulate there because some Turkish minister wasn't allowed to give a public speech supporting Erdogan. Today there's not a whole lot happening :p 

but why he wasn`t allowed to speak? That`s strange and not too freedom-like. Oh. nuke police - good one ;)

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

9 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

but why he wasn`t allowed to speak? That`s strange and not too freedom-like. Oh. nuke police - good one ;)

Because just like some other countries, our government doesn't want to help spread Erdogan's propaganda. I'm slightly on two thoughts:

1. Like you said, it's maybe not so freedom-like and allowing them to spread Erdogan's message would likely have had a smaller impact

2. There's no need to bend over for Erdogan any longer and this is as good a time as any to finally stop doing that

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch police used nucleair bombs against the Turkish protesters :yikes:

170313_1_8e3b8555db9cb2c38c437d5d895de72

Well, according to a pro-Erdogan channel :p (I'm still hoping it's either photoshopped or just badly translated :d ) 

It looks photoshopped...

Found this picture, which is exactly the same:

29963_m.jpg

I'm guessing that one's the original one

6 godzin temu, heywoodu napisał:

Because just like some other countries, our government doesn't want to help spread Erdogan's propaganda. I'm slightly on two thoughts:

1. Like you said, it's maybe not so freedom-like and allowing them to spread Erdogan's message would likely have had a smaller impact

2. There's no need to bend over for Erdogan any longer and this is as good a time as any to finally stop doing that

but people are free to choose, freedom of speach is a key factor, limiting this is questionable...and provides...opposite results to those expected in my opinion

Edited by Pavlo

2 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

but people are free to choose, freedom of speach is a key factor, limiting this is questionable...and provides...opposite results to those expected in my opinion

Which is a copy of my point 1 :p 

The paradox is that it's about giving freedom of speech to someone who hates freedom of speech. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Which is a copy of my point 1 :p 

The paradox is that it's about giving freedom of speech to someone who hates freedom of speech. 

sure :d but then again they won in democratic election so it was risky call;)

Edited by Pavlo

2 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

sure :d but then again they won in democratic election so it was risky call;)

Well yeah, Kim Jong-un won a democratic election as well.. :p 

26 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Well yeah, Kim Jong-un won a democratic election as well.. :p 

Well...i`d be far from comparing both systems :p

So, there's Turkish people going onto the streets, after their Great Leader Erdogan called the Netherlands 'nazis' and the few things they manage to get out of their mouths include words like 'kankerjoden' which, freely translated, means something like 'cancer jews'. Now I'm confused, are we nazis or are we 'cancer jews'? I doubt they know there's sort of a difference between the two historically speaking :d