website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Meanwhile more Democrats are piling on Biden and call him to quit the election race. The senile old fool is holding on for now. Yeah, you can only sugar coat his state for that long but that mumbling show at the the debate has blown it wide open. He looks like he's on a highway to dementia and there's no way to hide it in the social media era. The last time a sitting President was forced to step aside from the elections by his own party was probably Lyndon Johnson at the height of the Vietnam fiasco.

There is not enough time to change the candidate. Besides, it used to be easier to do this (before 1982 I think) - the decisions were made by party barons, not delegates, as is the case today. Two, there is no obvious candidate to replace Biden: Harris is less popular than him and Michelle Obama doesn't even want to run - it's hard to say whether she has the competence and experience to do so. From the Democrats' point of view, it`s best to keep Biden, who will probably lose and get ready for 2028 with a new candidate - Trump can only rule for one more term, because the one from 2016-2020 counts.

26 minutes ago, copravolley said:

There is not enough time to change the candidate. Besides, it used to be easier to do this (before 1982 I think) - the decisions were made by party barons, not delegates, as is the case today. Two, there is no obvious candidate to replace Biden: Harris is less popular than him and Michelle Obama doesn't even want to run - it's hard to say whether she has the competence and experience to do so. From the Democrats' point of view, it`s best to keep Biden, who will probably lose and get ready for 2028 with a new candidate - Trump can only rule for one more term, because the one from 2016-2020 counts.

Solution is for Joe to step down as candidate.  Dr Jill Biden takes over.  Hunter as Veep.  Dream ticket. 

I'm here 2 days late but when I saw the results of the French election I was shocked and relieved. It was looking so hopeless but we avoided a catastrophe! (although sadly the far right has gained many seats since the last elections, so they're more powerful than ever)

8 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

I'm here 2 days late but when I saw the results of the French election I was shocked and relieved. It was looking so hopeless but we avoided a catastrophe! (although sadly the far right has gained many seats since the last elections, so they're more powerful than ever)

Is Melenchon from the same fraction as Hollande or is he a person with more extreme views?

Ooooh Satanyahu in bad situation :lol:, he thought that Trump will help him ,  he is not president yet :roflmao:

Attorney General Gives Netanyahu Until November to Testify in His Corruption Trial

https://aurora-israel.co.il/en/Attorney-General-Gives-Netanyahu-Until-November-to-Testify-at-His-Corruption-Trial/

Edited by bestmen